User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since diagnosis feel worse!, Help please on underactive thyroid

Junior Member Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered250 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @Sand I’m newly diagnosed with under active thyroid too, unlike yourself my bloods were border line for 12 months and my G.P would not prescribe me thyroxine (Levothyroxine) until my level was above TSH 10.00, they actually had to get to TSH 11.11 before I got my prescription for thyroxine as Mike says you’ve got a good G.P, they are hard to find believe me. My G.P also increased my dose for 25msg to 50msg before bloods and for some reason my body doesn’t like 50 msg I felt very hyper and as you say rubbish, I also didn’t sleep for 48 hours, so decided to mess about with the dose first I tried one 25msg and a Ĺ a tablets for a few days and I still had problems sleeping and I’m now on one 25msg and one ľ tablet which my body seem to like at the moment, I also take vitamin B complex and magnesium which they also recommend on this forum. Read the thread’s and blogs they really help. Go with your body and how you feel ( you’ve got a good G.P but it don’t mean they are always right ) this last week I've just started to feel myself again except perhaps for the aching muscles, P.S my partner also says I’m angry all the time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to janie For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered250 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Hi @Sand Iím newly diagnosed with under active thyroid too, unlike yourself my bloods were border line for 12 months and my G.P would not prescribe me thyroxine (Levothyroxine) until my level was above TSH 10.00, they actually had to get to TSH 11.11 before I got my prescription for thyroxine as Mike says youíve got a good G.P, they are hard to find believe me. My G.P also increased my dose for 25msg to 50msg before bloods and for some reason my body doesnít like 50 msg I felt very hyper and as you say rubbish, I also didnít sleep for 48 hours, so decided to mess about with the dose first I tried one 25msg and a Ĺ a tablets for a few days and I still had problems sleeping and Iím now on one 25msg and one ľ tablet which my body seem to like at the moment, I also take vitamin B complex and magnesium which they also recommend on this forum. Read the threadís and blogs they really help. Go with your body and how you feel ( youíve got a good G.P but it donít mean they are always right ) this last week I've just started to feel myself again except perhaps for the aching muscles, P.S my partner also says Iím angry all the time.
    Hi Janie

for your reply, yes i am begining to think i do have a good doctor, she has sent me on quite a few blood tests also. Its not until you read these forums you realise your own situation fully and how lucky you are if you do have a good doctor.

A couple of weeks ago, on top of feeling rubbish, i also felt totally exhausted, for some reason that has now dissapeared thankfully, its weird how the symptons come and go.

I wil try the vitamin b & magnesium

again

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense