User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My TSH is normal but i have all symptoms of Hyperthyroidism

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Z_interactive View Post
    that's right, since early january i stopped taking eutyrox and tsh is 6.38, and i gain some weight

I agree both with you and her (my doctor), but how do you meen i could go hypo? i'm already hipo since i'm over 5 TSH right? Or you're thinking about normal tsh range is 0.5-10?
    @Z_interactive you'll be surprised to see some people do quite good at slightly higher range like 3+ or 5+ hence they are increasing their TSH range in the UK.

When I said you could go hypo because even there are little thyroid hormones, your other glands, especially adrenal glands kick in to compensate for the stress which body generates due to lack of thyroid hormones, and body keeps working fine until you burn out your adrenal out as well.

So take a little of thyroxine as you may be absorbing it quite well and in long term your body could start producing those missing hormones and you might not need later on.

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    aha, i get it

Moderator Achievements:

Country
    Croatia
    hi Mike (and others)
    for the last 24 days i'm taking half of 25mg of eutyrox as my endo. told me.
    my endocrinologist told me to take only half of 25mg eutyrox for next 2 months and than i'll go to do new blood tests.
    but last 3 days (including this morning) in the morning I'm sweaty, I must go to the toilet, i guess i will lose weight like before and I feel sick in morning, after 11am I feel better but everyday it's getting worse - ITS LIKE IN MY FIRST POST

TSH was 6.38 back in February 14, is it possible that half of 25mg eutyrox can get it down to 4-4.5 in less than a month???

last month, nothing happend - i wasn't upset or anything, everything is OK and just one morning i start to feel bad again.

Member Achievements:
    Tagger First Class31 days registered250 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Hi there.

I would advise going back to your endocrinologist at hospital.

Some of us do continue to have Graves symptoms when bloods are fine. I am trying to find out more about it, but the tiny bit I have found referencing this seems to indicate it's more likely to happen to older people and people who have had a very bad bout of the disease initially and / or were undiagnosed for long awhile.

In my case I was about to have a heart attack when the diagnosis was made and Graves disease continues to slowly progress around my body.

Miss Dennis Queen (aka clairlewis)

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Your thyroid is still there and if antibodies are attacking your thyroid, it could go into push and pull situation where sometimes it plays as Hyper and sometime Hypo. It should settle eventually once you are on a stable dose. Symptoms like above will come and go if hormones keep changing. You have to do a little bit of playing with your dosage to see which one works best for you. TSH number is just for guidance so if you feel better at 6, that's the one to go for. Some people feel good as 2 or less than 1. Everyone is different so you have to find the range which suites you best.

Moderator Achievements:

Country
    Croatia
    thanks guys, well, i'm going to stop taking it for couple of days and see what's going to happend,
    luckly in all my previous blood tests antibodies, ft4/ft3/t3/t4 are fine - so its just tsh.
    should be alright

Member Achievements:
    Tagger First Class31 days registered250 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    good luck with this!

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by