User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st Visit to Docs .....

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Went to the doctors yesterday and he said that the results of my ultrasound were clear

He also had the results of my Antibody blood tests and said that they show that my body is attacking my thyroid and that is where the issue is.

I am booked in for my next TSH level blood test in 4 weeks time, so will update again after that.

Country
    UK
    Had my next set of bloods done on Tuesday and got the results today.

My TSH level is now 28, so is down from last time, but still very high.

My dosage has also been upped from 100mcg to 150mcg

I have been advised by friends that work in the healthcare sector, to request that I be referred to a metabolic physician, so I will be doing that soon.

Country
    UK
    Had my latest set of bloods back yesterday and my TSH is now 1.7 which is good, but I still don't feel right.

He is sending me for more blood tests to check to see if I also have an issue with my parathyroid !

Country
    UK
    Has been 2 years since I updated this thread, I eventually was at 175mcg a day but this proved to be too much as I was not my usual calm self, but instead agitated and snappy all of the time. My adrenaline was running overtime! I was re-tested and then dropped to 150mcg and this seemed to be fine until about 2 months ago, I started to get the same sensations in my body that I got when I was on 175mcg a day.

I was getting all of the same signs so knew instantly to get to the docs and have my bloods done again. They came back as being slightly on the high side for the amount I was taking daily, so as I expected, the dose was dropped to 125mcg a day, and so far so good, I feel like I used too before my thyroid issue.

Initially, I had put on 4 stone in weight before being diagnosed, so was about 21st. I now weigh 19st through healthier eating.

Recently I have been exercising every 2 days in an attempt to lose more, but no matter what I have been doing, I seem to be stuck at the same weight. I have lost a bit of flab as my clothes fit better, but is gets me down that no matter how hard I am trying, I am getting nowhere.

I use MyFitnessPal to document my calorie intake, so I know that I am consuming about 1800 Calories a day, which is a deficit of about 500 calories from what I should be eating, so that I can lose weight. I seem to be on or just above the 19st mark, going up and down by 2lbs every other week, I wonder if this is water retention.

If I could just get under this 19st mark, then it would give me hope for the next landmark

Advice/comments are welcome

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @Manc1976 gland to hear you are feeling better. I am in a similar boat to yours and went all the way up to 250mcg but settled on 150mcg. Even I do feel that sometimes it's slightly higher and I should drop the dose to 125mcg but then after a few weeks, I start feeling better again.

In terms of weight, no matter what I eat, I cannot seem to gain weight It's not that bad but I've lost almost 2 stones as I was already quite skinny. It's difficult to say what is stopping you to loose weight but have you tried testing your sodium and potassium levels? Unable to gain or loose weight is one of the prime example of stressed out adrenals.

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    gland to hear you are feeling better.
    that is true

Member Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    Australia
    To begin with (I think) any thyroxine is better than none at all, but I do think 75mg is not nearly enough to keep you well for the long term.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense