User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi I'm new

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England
    to the site
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    Scotland
    Do you have antibodies Mike? I was lucky getting the T3, I knew I'd go straight on to thyroxine as was on it before op, block and replace. It's so hard to get the dose right, can see it's going to be a rocky road.

God TSH 80, you must have felt terrible though it's scandalous that it was allowed to happen to you in the first place!
    Are you treating your adrenals? I think maybe that they could be a problem with me too especially after all the hyper, am I right in thinking if bp drops on standing it's a sign of low adrenals, been doing temps as well and according to Dr Rinds site results looking like it as well.

http://www.drrind.com/therapies/meta...recard#summary
    My sister's been hypo for yrs and was never quite right, she was up to 200mcg T4 and still had symptoms. I told her about T3 a few yrs ago after I'd started trawling the web for answers for me, her doc said no but she bought it herself...she is a totally different person now. She had to muck about dosage wise but she has settled at 100mcg T4 and 30 T3 split over 3 doses a day, her T4 is middle range T3 near top, TSH just under 1.

Your TSH swings a lot dosen't it, is that result of 12 when you were on T3?

Forgive the brain fog here lol......are you on thyroxine or armour (10% is 15mcg T3) so does that mean you are on 25mcg T3 altogether..sorry brain full of cotton wool

Would your doc be up for prescribing it for you if there's a marked difference....or is that a stupid question! My sister gets hers from mexican drug store and gets a good deal, something like 3 bottles really cheap.

I've slept most of this week and have bad joint pain, have to go for some bone scan soon to see damage from hyper, they did some kind of ?? partition on alk phospate result last year when it was really high and it showed there was bone damage involved.

I read somewhere, can't remember where now, that if you've been hyper it can desensitise you when it comes to replacement doses, who knows?

Hope you getting somewhere with the T3.
    Totally get you on the doctors btw

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    Scotland
    Glad I found it

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings