User Tag List

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, say HELLO here!!!

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @Laury please see this

Post a New Thread

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Country
    UK
    Hi
    My name is Anita and I am new to this website. I wanted to know if anyone has tried using a naturopath to help with their thyroid condition. I have Graves disease which I was diagnosed with over 16 months ago. I really don't want to go down the route of RAI or thyroid removal so just wondering what others experiences have been. A friend recommended a consultation with a natural health care practicioner called Jan de Vries. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks xx

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @amcp Anita.....do you know how hyper are you? Is it something which is affecting your daily life style or you are just mildly hyper?

People keep saying different things and I've read on the internet that you can control thyroid issues with herbal treatment or some other natural way. Either way...good luck and hope you make some progress.

Country
    England
    Hello there Everyone,

My name is Sharleen and I am a 39 year old mother of one (18months old).

I was diagnosed with hypothyrodism in 1996 and have pretty much been ignored (and on one occaision called neurotic) by NHS professionals ever since.

I am sort of hoping that someone on this site has a few tips on dealing with these so called medical professionals!!. As it stands every time I have to see a Dr about my thyroid I end up being and emotional wreck, Perhaps I am alone in the fact that I always get upset when discussing my thyroid as history dictates that I am either not being listened to, or noone actually cares.

Country
    United States
    New to the forum. Was diagnosed in 2010 with Follicular Thyroid Cancer. This came as a BIG surprise. Long story but we went into surgery under my surgeon's recommendation for Hashimoto's Disease (discovered on FNA biopsy for nodule). Surgery to remove thyroid went well, they never checked my lymph nodes.....after thyroid was sent to pathology the report revealed that nasty "C" word. It has been a long 2 years in this process. Weigh gain, muscle pain, insomnia, ugh....you all know. I decided about 9 months ago to take charge. I started my FB support group called Thyroid Cancer's Butterfly Wishes. Not only has this helped me personally, but I've also helped others through their journey and have met some amazing people. Thank you for this....not sure why I didn't sign on 2 years ago. I guess I was just a tad overwhelmed.

Country
    England
    hi, i dont know if i am putting this in the right place, but i just joined today, i have hypothyroidism, along with a few other things, i am pleased to be here.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Created Blog entry

Country
    Great Britain
    Blog Entries
    Hello Ive recently been diagnosed as having a very underactive thyroid after the birth of my son.
    It was not diagnosed for quite some time and i kept going back and forth for what felt like forever at one point was even diagnosed as having post natal deppression which i knew wasnt right, they then thought i had inflamation of the joints so did blood tests which then showed i had the thyroid issue.
    I was so pleased to finally have a reason for feeling so rubbish as at one point i felt in complete dispair almost like i was going crazy? All my joints ached i had gained a load of weight and did not reconise the girl i saw in the mirror and all the time i was trying to be the best mum i could to my new baby boy
    As soon as i found out what was wrong it was like a massive weight had been lifted and i could finally put a reason to the feelings i had.
    Im currently on 75mg of Levothyroxine and already feel like a new person all the aches and pains have gone and that sad feeling has gone as for the weight thats a big bug bear of mine as i have never been so heavy and as i was in later stages of the condition also have some face swelling which has gone down but i still notice a big diffrence from how i used to look to now, Also the amount of hair i am losing is crazy is this another lovely side effect of this condition.....??

I would really love someone to talk to about they way i feel sometimes as this has seriously knocked my confidence.
    Thankyou for reading

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense