Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, say HELLO here!!!

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: New members, say HELLO here!!!

Yvette to the site

I have been hypo for over 4 years now, this is my fifth year as a Thyroid sufferer! But I reckon 2009 is gonna be a good year for me, and I dont see why it wont for you too! Is your private doc famous in Thyroid circles? Has he helped you already?

All I can say is getting your Thyroid sorted is a very long drawn out process!! You need the patience of a saint!

Keep us up to date with your process and we will help and offer support where we can!!

Nice to hear from you

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Country
    England

Quote Originally Posted by pink
    Hi, I'm Michelle, I was diagnosed with under active thyroid when I was 23 years old (I'm now 33 years old), I take 175mg of Thyroxine (now Levothyroxine). I didn't know there were other treatments, I feel ok most of the time but I still suffer with cold hands, feet, being sleepy, weight problem and other symptoms and the gp tells me that I'm within the blood range, so why do I still have symptoms???? I'm finding the forum very informative and I'm going to look into the other treatments that I might be able to try, find out how others are getting on with alternatives.

Oooh sorry I missed your post, just seen it now!!

to the site michelle I was a year younger than you when I was diagnosed lol. I would ask for a trial medication increase and see if that helps?!! Keep us updated

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Hello Pink

You say your Doc says you are within range. Ask him for details of the actual readings and the range. At the very least he should have tested your TSH and T4. He should also have found the cause of your thyroid problem.

Many docs just say you are in range and say "So you must be OK" how wrong they are. Your symptoms sound very much like you are still Hypo. If I was a betting man I would bet your TSH reading is above 2. Most sufferers do not feel OK until their TSH is 1 or below and their T4 readings are in the upper half of the reference range.

Post the readings on here and see what comments you receive.

In any event before you even consider treating yourself ask your doc for a referral to an Endo. You might find that an endo increases your T4 and that is all you need.

All the best

David

Junior Member Achievements:

Hello everyone. I'm Lelly and I was diagnosed with Hashi's almost 4 years ago. Very well now (touch wood) but it's been a long and painful journey.

Was finally sorted by the wonderful Dr Skinner last March and haven't looked back.

Looking forward to having a look round the site

xx

Country
    England

to the site lelly, Im glad you decided to sign up, I hope when you look around you like what you see thumbup

Junior Member Achievements:

Hi all, here's another new one to the club. I've been reading for a bit, but just joined tonight. It's amazing that you all can sound so cheery, how do you do it? I'm not up to telling my story tonight and I doubt I have been through anything close to what most on this site have been through. All I know is that I think I'm in hypohell and am gearing up for the next endo appointment in a couple of days. Will she listen?

For now, I'm going to try and drag myself off the couch and go off to another sleepness night. It's just not like me to be so depressed. It can get better, right? Say yes, say yes, say yes.

Country
    England

to the site Holly!

Where are you from Holly? Have you seen an Endo before? I would say although we try and keep things light on here, we are all in out very own 'hypohelp!!!!'

We all have our moments on here so dont worry

Depression and Anxiety have plagued me for 10 years now, and the couch is my best friend! Hopefully when we are well, we will make new friends, like the park or the swimming pool :d

Keep us updated thumbup

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense