User Tag List

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, say HELLO here!!!

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: New members, say HELLO here!!!

Here she is, getting bathed in a bucket as there wasn't a bath in the cottage we were staying in - here she is 14 weeks old.

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Amazing, pic of millie there Anni!

She looks like Joel's soulmate
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Amazing, pic of millie there Anni!

She looks like Joel's soulmate

Senior Member Achievements:

Country
    UK

Has he got a good education. good job, big house, nice car, heart of gold and SOH? Good - he'll do!

Junior Member Achievements:

Hi, I'm Michelle, I was diagnosed with under active thyroid when I was 23 years old (I'm now 33 years old), I take 175mg of Thyroxine (now Levothyroxine). I didn't know there were other treatments, I feel ok most of the time but I still suffer with cold hands, feet, being sleepy, weight problem and other symptoms and the gp tells me that I'm within the blood range, so why do I still have symptoms???? I'm finding the forum very informative and I'm going to look into the other treatments that I might be able to try, find out how others are getting on with alternatives.

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Michelle, glad you have joined us and

There are usually two routes for underactive thyroid, one is synthetic and other is natural one. A lot of people prefer natural as it's quite close to what us humans produce. A few people do okay on synthetic (Levothyroxine) but could be doing even better when added some natural thyroid to it.

Weight problems, being sleepy, cold hands and feet etc are all symptoms of under active thyroid. Your GP will always tell you, your results are normal if they are within the reference range which is quite wide. A lot of people feel better on lower end of the reference range.

If everything else seems to be fine then try adding a bit extra of thyroxine to see if you feel any better. You may feel slight uncomfortable when increasing the dose as body tries to adjust the new thyroxine but after a couple of weeks, it all turns out to be good.

Hope this helps

Hi, my name is Yvette and I am from Cape Town South Africa. I was misdiagnosed for 10 years as having major depression. End 2007 i was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism with goiter and graves disease. I had radiation treatment and was left on the neomercazole.

I am now have extreme hypothyroidism graves disease and my goiter is coming back …Does it ever end ?.
    So now I have gone to a private doctor and not the government hospital anymore.
    They changed the meds to Eltroxin weaned me off the prozac

I hope 2009 will be a good year. Now I need to get over the fact that I picked up 45KG and cannot loose it at the moment. The fact that I am so tired it drives me nutz.

Is this normal by thyroid standards lol

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense