User Tag List

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, say HELLO here!!!

well, i am sorry you have thyroid issues because they are really pain in the ass.

welcome

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Country
    Great Britain
    Thank you - will play the waiting game - but its not much fun!

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Country
    United States
    Just wanted to throw this out there if any one has advice or . . . I'm 35yr female who was diagnosed with Graves last July. Had RAI in Sept '11 and then got sick and sicker. ("That isn't thyroid related" was the response I got from my endro) After waiting a few months got into a new Endro and tsh was 137. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I've tried synthetics with no avail. Now I am on Armour and after 1st dose saw a shimmer of my former self. We are still trying to find right dose, which I know will take time. I am getting to a point of helplessness. And I feel so fragile-which is not a word I would have even considered as a way to describe myself 2 yrs ago. I am sick of not knowing who I will be when I wake up in the morning to the momentary changes like: do I bring extra clothes? will I wake up angry? Will I jump out of my skin when a random noise/person catches me off guard? Will I remember what someone told me or how to do simple math? or will I be a zombie today? will I sleep tonight? Or will I be my old self today to then tomorrow she's gone? etc. I thought this was the roller coaster that I was on but things just keep hitting me. Over the past few weeks I have developed a really bad stomach pain. I am getting scoped 2mrw. GP thinks it's just an ulcer but wondering if anyone has had this? Also, wondering about the hair falling out issues. I thought I had tackled that hurtle. But past few weeks it began again and Blood levels (of course) are perfect! -I am starting to get sick of hearing that! Any support would help because this is a very lonely place. I guess I am also looking for support with having both. Talk about a war . . . phew! . . . wish we came with manuals.

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @Dearwal , Trust me a lot of people suffer after RAI and there is nothing we can about it but to optimise our medication and wait... it takes time for thyroid medication to work and body to recover.

With a TSH of 80 I felt like a dead man after RAI and with no thyroid medication. Your doctor is an absolute idiot if he says it isn't thyroid related. RAI treatment and removal of thyroid affects adrenal glands a lot and if those were already stressed out due to Grave's disease, u'll feel worse on thyroid medication.

My recommendation from my experience would be get your adrenal gland tests....saliva test where you take 4 samples in a day and send it to labs. Get your full labs report on your blood tests including electrolyses. Build up your thyroid medication slowly. Bear in mind if your adrenals are taxed, you'll feel worse on Armour or any other thyroid medication which contains T3.

Some people have reported to have felt better when they took T3 only medication early morning at 4:00am. It helped recover their adrenals and treat their thyroid as well. Hope it helps.

Sinus
    Hello every one.My name is Alex. I join this forum because I want to get much useful information to improve my health.Glad to meet all of you,thanks

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    hi, welcome

Country
    UK
    Hello,
    Im new here.
    Diagnosed with hypothyroidism nearly 3 yrs ago was put on Thyroxine but made me really ill. Tried it on and off 5 times. Lasted 7 mnths eventually but had gained masses of weight, no energy and pain in joints and muscles and shortness of breath. Was given trial of T3, Ive done nearly 12 weeks on it. I prefer it to T4 but still have a tad more energy but the pain and shortness of breath is worse! I dont know when to try NDT that Ive bought privately.
    Ive had my adrenals tested, was little low and Ive been supplementing for last 3 mnths. Ive just had iron and vit D done privately as doc refused to do them and Im waiting reults. Ive also had full thyoid plus test done privately, I seem to be producing masses of antibodies and my T3 is quite high. I dont feel like Im benefiting from T3 or T4. Has anyone else had problems taking T4 and T3 like this?

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense