View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Hypothyroidism and bone cancer osteo sarcoma

Hi my name is George, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in 1998 I now take 200mcg. Levothyroxine daily. Got little help from my doctor had to play around with the dosage myself, I lost my right arm 1996 due to bone cancer osteo sarcoma I was told it was probably the chemotherapy that messed up my thyroid gland, but there was nothing conclusive, incidentally I had to ask to be tested for thyroid problem I had done a bit of research on my symptoms, and thyroid fitted the bill.

They ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Progress - It's all working out it appears

by , 28th January 2009 at 01:45 PM (Mike's Personal Blog on Thyroid Progress)
    The treatment seems to be working very well for me as I am taking 225mcg thyroxine along with 20mcg cortef.

I usually take thyroxine first thing in the morning before getting out of my bed and then first dose of cortef is around 09:00 am after my breakfast.

Having read a few other adrenal related highly recommended books, I have added a few more supplements to my diet which appear to be working very well.

The list goes on

07:00 - 225mcg ...
    Categories
    Personal Progress
  3. Thyroid Progress - It's all working out it appears

by , 28th January 2009 at 01:45 PM (Mike's Personal Blog on Thyroid Progress)
    The treatment seems to be working very well for me as I am taking 225mcg thyroxine along with 20mcg cortef.

I usually take thyroxine first thing in the morning before getting out of my bed and then first dose of cortef is around 09:00 am after my breakfast.

Having read a few other adrenal related highly recommended books, I have added a few more supplements to my diet which appear to be working very well.

The list goes on

4. Stopped Armour - Back on HC

by , 16th January 2009 at 09:10 PM (Mike's Personal Blog on Thyroid Progress)
    Had to stop even 1/2 grain of Armour I was taking as it made me tired.

Increased my dosage of HC back to 20mcg for a few days and then now reduced it back to 15mcg. 10mcg in the morning after breakfast plus 5mcg at lunch time.

Since my last post, I had blood tests done to see where was I going. Mind you, I already stopped Armour for a week before Tests so these results do not really reflect any Armour T3 in my body.

FT4 - 26.8pmol/L (Ref: 9 - 26)
    Categories
    Personal Progress
  5. Stopped Armour Thyroid - Back on Hydrocortisone now

by , 16th January 2009 at 09:10 PM (Mike's Personal Blog on Thyroid Progress)
    Had to stop even 1/2 grain of Armour I was taking as it made me tired.

Increased my dosage of HC back to 20mcg for a few days and then now reduced it back to 15mcg. 10mcg in the morning after breakfast plus 5mcg at lunch time.

Since my last post, I had blood tests done to see where was I going. Mind you, I already stopped Armour for a week before Tests so these results do not really reflect any Armour T3 in my body.

FT4 - 26.8pmol/L (Ref: 9 - 26)
    FT3
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast