View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. curious

Hi I am new to this site. I was really glad to find it on the internet,because I am doing my utmost to lose weight. I am almost 37,diagnosed with hypothyroidism at 2 1/2 months old,thyroid completely failed.I am on 200mg levothyroxine Mon-Sat and 100mg Sun. I used to be blase and think it was just a mild illness and its only as I got a bit older and had bad hair loss,big weight gain,big weightloss,palpitations and fatigue I started to become more health aware. Also had severe eclampsia back ...
  2. What should we do about rT3? - Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield

by , 24th February 2012 at 04:16 PM (Mike's Personal Blog on Thyroid Progress)
    You may remember that in order for thyroid hormone to work in controlling our metabolism it has to be converted from the basic, precursor hormone T4 to the active hormone T3. You will also remember that the amino acid thyronine (which is made by two tyrosine molecules coming together) when combined with four iodine atoms is how thyroxine is formed (which we know for short as T4). Then one of the three 5: deiiodinase enzymes removes one of the iodiio atoms and forms T3 (triiodothyronine or liothyronine), ...
    Categories
    Thyroid
  3. International pharmacy - really nice

Latest example of brain fog - I ordered Armour thyroid from International Pharmacy but forgot to pay so that's why I haven't had it after 4 weeks.
    I've phoned them now & spoke to a really nice sounding american guy who said they'll send it anyway & I can send a cheque later - so nice so it's looking like I'll have to resume levothyroxine until it comes!

Updated 28th March 2012 at 08:40 PM by sunflower

Categories
    Thyroid
  4. The thyroid and the brain

by , 20th June 2012 at 12:14 AM (The thyroid and the brain)
    Name:  Thyroid and the brain.jpg
Views: 9826
Size:  78.0 KB

While doing some research for my book, I stumbled upon an interesting news story regarding thyroid disease. The article was about a murder trial and the defendant’s attorneys argued that a “mismanaged thyroid disease” led to her actions on that fateful day.

Intrigued, I sought after the court transcripts for this once high profile case. A thyroid expert, a psychiatrist traveled from Florida to a small little town in Indiana to testify. His credentials ...
  5. Off T3

Well as said before Ive tried T4 + T3 combo, it worked for as long as I was taking it for. Just to experiment, I dropped off the T3 a week ago. Just slept for 10 hours straight, then weighed myself and Im 4lb up
    Im going to go back onto the T4/T3 combo just for next week as I have an Endo appointment on the 17th, so giving the T3 a chance to exit my system prior to appointment.
    My current meds are 250 T4 when taking T3 Im usually on 40mcg, so just under the 5:1 ratio. ...