View RSS Feed

The thyroid and the brain

1. Go crazy!

Name:  relax.jpg
Views: 2054
Size:  31.2 KB

I call myself the Crazy Thyroid Lady because my mother instilled in me the ability to turn the tables on those who bully me. “Don’t let them see they are getting to you”, she would say.

As my disease evolved, I will admit, I wasn’t myself…and thats when the “adult” bullying began.
    My family called me crazy, friends looked at me like I was bonkers, co-workers treated me like I was nuts, and doctors…well…doctors did all the above. Except doctors ...
  2. More thyroetry volume iii from the crazy thyroid lady

by , 14th July 2012 at 07:30 PM (The thyroid and the brain)
    Name:  hot.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  7.5 KB

It’s been so hot…how do I deal with the dog days of summer?

Barking with a vengeance, while my thyroid walks to the beat of a different drummer.

How do I cope with these record highs?

Fearing what will spark between my thighs.

With a wonky internal thermostat this situation is NOT ideal.

I take articles of clothing off, but there is nothing left to peel.

I will be a trooper and endure ...
  3. Boost your immune

by , 23rd June 2012 at 09:34 PM (The thyroid and the brain)
    Name:  Immune-system-cartoon.jpg
Views: 3540
Size:  22.0 KB

This week’s blog is dedicated to those who suffer from one or more autoimmune diseases. I take my hat off to you! Having to endure the daily struggles of your respective invisible illness is truly a heroic feat, and in my opinion, there should be a national holiday dedicated to you.

Some well-known AD’s are:

• Crohn’s disease
    • Celiac disease
    • Endometriosis
    • Fibromyalgia
    • Graves’ Disease
    • Hashimoto’s
    • Lupus
    • Multiple
  4. The thyroid and the brain

by , 20th June 2012 at 12:14 AM (The thyroid and the brain)
    Name:  Thyroid and the brain.jpg
Views: 9901
Size:  78.0 KB

While doing some research for my book, I stumbled upon an interesting news story regarding thyroid disease. The article was about a murder trial and the defendant’s attorneys argued that a “mismanaged thyroid disease” led to her actions on that fateful day.

Intrigued, I sought after the court transcripts for this once high profile case. A thyroid expert, a psychiatrist traveled from Florida to a small little town in Indiana to testify. His credentials ...