Blog Comments

Hello @Ferchar and sorry to hear your adrenal problem. First thing to bear in mind is that once you are on cortef, it will be very difficult to get off it. This steroid is extremely strong and you should never try it without Doctor's supervision. Also be careful as it could destroy good bacteria in your mouth and gut ... I have heard about it...not sure how true it is.

Adrenal extracts didnt do any good to me nor did 10g of Vitamin C everyday. I think extracts are for people who are at early stages of adrenal fatigue rather than us. I started on cortef slowly 2.5mg and went up to 25mg.....I took it almost for a year and then gradually brought it down. Issue is once you are that long on cortef, you start feeling unwell when you stop it. Someone people have to take it for the rest of their lives.

I couldnt wait to read all articles with conflicting information and people saying different things. I have found out that everyeone will response differently to the medication. Some people do well on extracts and recovery quickly, other struggle. Some people feel better on cortef and can wean off quickly as well......but others require support all their lives. Vitamin C and Vitamin B5 is also recommended but more medication you start at the same time, you give more stress to adrenals. Start things gradually and slowly and you will do well.

Good luck and I hope you feel well
    Interesting. I had the adrenal stress profile done and got the results today. The cortisol and DHEA were all "in the red". Cortisol (9.6, 1.7,1.8, 0.7, = 13.8 low), DHEA(0.32, 0.22, 1.96 Low). I suffer from CFS and am euthyroid (apparently). I saw Dr P 4 weeks ago and he said that my adrenals were "shot to pieces" and prescribed 4 adrenal extra and 4 vitamin C, ginseng tincture, Q10). He said i "may" feel slightly better in a month. I have noticed no change in my condition (shattering exhaustion and muscle burning and the rest). So i have Cortef and DHEA on standby. I just send my first diaries back to him and await his instruction. I am tempted to start now but not sure how i may do this. How did you start or how would you recommend to start knowing what Dr P told you ?
    Here is an example of adrenal fatigue at stage 5, I believe.

Hello there, I would love to know more about these seven stages. is there any way that you would be able/willing to post them ar lead me to a place where i can find them so i can further understand? i would be so very appreciative thanks much