User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free or Reduced Cost Prescriptions - UK Only

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: Free or Reduced Cost Prescriptions - UK Only

I have family members who are NHS hospital docs who give up so much to give patients good care- family time, even new baby time, is taken away by being 'on call'. It is a vocation for good doctors. They work really hard, experience big traiuma, get VERY frustrated by the inefficiency of the system of justifying and recording EVERY move, meeting STUPID targets set by govt - sothat if go to A&E with a heart attack n you with a pain in your toe we have the same right to immediacy of attention - so many time wasters go to A&E. I won't go on - I see young members of my family working so many long hours and being stressed and upset. Believe me, they do and see thingsthat would make us go green and run. I do know tho' that as thyroid probs taketime to diagnose and monitor before sorting it ain't really worth going private!

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

I agree Anni, I work in a busy hospital, and it frustrates me of the injustice of it all. Doctors nurses and everyone who works for the NHS get such a rough deal abuse by patients relatives press and the public. And all we do is try and give a top notch service.

I do agree also that Thyroid problems are not treated properly and it frustrates me I work for a organisation that doesnt look after people correctly whether knowlingly or noT!!!

As for going private please exhaust the free NHS route first, it will cost you alot to go private!! and you can get better with the NHS first. thumbup

The NHS is good and you do recieve 'free treatmemt' if you dont count the amount you pay in tax every month!

It upsets me how many people who dont contribute to the NHS tax get free treatment, if you dont contribute you should nt get treatment simple. But the goverment want free treatment for all
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain

Its the GP's that are the poblem..all they want to do is give antidepressants

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense