User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night time high cortisol levels

Member Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    Australia

Night time high cortisol levels

I suffer from high night time cortisol levels (or so I think)? Because I get anxious at night time for no real reason other than an internal imbalance.

ive lowered my thyroid meds (armour) right down to the lowest dosage 30mgs or 1/2 grain because I feel better on it but this night time anxiety is killing me because I can't sleep at night have to take tranquilizers which I hate doing so but at least I can sleep.

The crazy thing is I feel good during the day, lots of energy and about 98% good. I take adrenal supplements during the day.

this morning I thought I would NOT take it because I want to treat my adrenals and I felt the BEST during the day, come night time the anxiety got really bad even though I took the adrenal supplements during the evening as well as soon as I got anxious. Still not feeling right, should I take my 1/2 grain at night time? Maybe that might help me sleep naturally?

Dont know what to do, please help!!!

Member Achievements:

Country
    Australia
    Does anyone here know how to successfully wean yourself off thyroid meds?? I feel well and believe I don't need them anymore and blood tests have confirmed this. I think this MAY? be my problem. As soon as I stop taking it - I feel great but because my body is in shock I get increased anxiety at night time.

Do you take medication for how long before you lower the dose? Etc etc

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    it's hard to say, once you find right dosage you stick with it
    are you shure you can drop the meds?
    let us know what your GP says

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @salta what sort of adrenal supplements do you take? Also when you dont take thyroid medication like Armour, you say you feel well. What are your blood results when you stop taking them altogether or you havent tried it yet?

I have found that if your adrenals are low then thyroid supplements make you feel that you are overdosing but when you actually are not. I have had times when I felt so much better without thyroid medication for a few days and then suddenly all goes wrong. Honestly I couldn't answer your question but what's stopping you from doing a bit of experiment and finding it out yourself?

Member Achievements:

Country
    Australia
    @Mike and Interactive, Unfortunately I never got good medical advice so I never took adrenal supplements, I only started taking it when I weaned myself off armour but I was going through hell trying to do so. It got to the stage that I actually got almost panic attacks from just 30mgs of armour (starting meds). When I got off it I felt so much better.

i am currently taking all my vitamins with selenium reduced to 100mcg, vitamin E 500mg, magnesium, B complex, vitamin c around 1000 mgs or more, a special made up adrenal tonic from the compound chemist, vit b6 I think it's 500mgs. Sometimes Ashwagandha (I'm giving that a break for now). I also drink a lot of chamomile tea I gave up caffeine temporarily.

i take the adrenal supplements twice a day now and am slowly feeling better for it, still am suffering from de-sensitized nerves though.

My body just couldn't handle the thyroid meds anymore, I tried but I couldn't, I would get so very nervous taking them and then had an almost panic attack so I just stopped.

The doctor says I don't need them anymore, because blood tests were normal, she says to come back in 2-3 months time for another blood test to see how I am without thyroid meds.

i am slowly recovering even my basal body temperature is rising to almost normal levels, of course I have days when it goes out of whack. Still not there quite there yet, but getting better.

Member Achievements:

Country
    Australia
    I have just measured my under arm basal body temperature it is normal. 36.8 degrees Celsius, the highest it's ever been. The range I think is 36.6 - 37.5. These are normal body temperatures. Under arm temperature is always slightly lower than oral basal body temperature. I am currently off thyroid meds and have been for the past 5 days.

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    do you know your last tsh and ft4 results?
    try to hold on for a month and then get tests again, if results show your tsh is lot different than it's now your thyroid is probably reason for your condition.
    hang in there

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense