User Tag List

Thread: Am I entitled to any benefits such as ESA?

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Country
    UK

Am I entitled to any benefits such as ESA?

Hello, I am new to this, I was just wondering if there are any benefits I can claim since i have an underactive thyroid and have been diagnosed for over 4 years now. I am 24 going on 25, I was working 2 years ago but got let go due to the company going under. I did cope working on mornings then the afternoons were where i had problems, my concentration would just go and i would be so exhausted. I have my thyroid checked every 6 months and apparently its "normal" but yet i still feel absolutely knackered lol. I am on 50mg per day. I also take Citalopram - 40MG a day for depression.

Any information would be great.

Louise.

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    i don't live in UK so i can't answer your question, but, have you asked your GP to change your dosage?
    you know, some people can feel bad even their results are fine, someone can feel great with tsh around 1 and someone when is around 3-4.
    its worth to try, you said you feel bad so theres nothing to lose if you try.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Country
    UK
    I have tried over the years to get it changed and took information with me and they still say my levels are "normal". They just didn't get it. I will try again though and try and get it changed.

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    I doubt if you'll get benefits based on underactive thyroid issues but then I have never claimed nor I am an expert in the system. You best bet is to speak to you GP and discuss the issue with him. If he writes a letter stating that due to illness you are unable to carry on working, you may get ESA and other benefits.

Have you tried speaking to the anyone in the benefits claim team to see what are the requirements?

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense