User Tag List

Thread: Thyroid?

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger First Class100 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Help Thyroid?

Hi all I am not sure if I should just blurt everything out but am frightened it will be too long for you to read. Will keep it as short as I can

8 months ago I started having breast pain and itching (wrong forum room I know) and it started from there with blood work. My TSH level was elevated which went with my sluggishness, given up the things I like to do, I even sit in my house and look at my dishes thinking why is it such a chore to just get up. I am so new to this I don't understand what half of you are talking about. My level was 6 and the doctors said they would do nothing until it reached 10 and a repeat blood test in 6 months. I am constipated, forgetful, unsettled menstrual cycles one week late and bleed for 9, still having breast problems and now my uterus has decided to go all spasm on me. Sometimes I am hungry sometimes I'm not, I am craving food I don't like (ice cream, carbs, carbs inbetween ice cream) ocasional hot flushes, I hate the heat, I am too cold in the cold. Headaches and migraines, tension, anxiety, muscle aches from my head to my knees, sometimes it is hard to walk. Tired, drained, exhausted, fatigued, tired, and so tired and drained. I want to stop working because I feel it is such a chore, this is so not normal for me.
    Because of breast issue the doctor has refused anymore treatment for me, had a thermography test awaiting second one in August, I have had no other choice but to move GP's so that is what I am in the process of doing and I feel I am stuck in limbo and the symptoms are getting worse, I don't want to go into the new doctors guns a blazing so am waiting until the end of the month to be seen. Can anyone tell me if I am in the right place, doing the right things I have gone beyond fed up and on bad days no longer want to be here but it is different to depression. for your time

Country
    UK
    Couldn't take it any longer just came back from the dotors, very nice man who listened to me, asked me what I wanted to do perfect. I also mentioned to him that my vitamin D level was low and I have been taking 1000 iu every day since April, his eyes just about jumped out of his head which in turn made me think I had done something wrong and asked him if I was taking too much. I should be on 10,000 iu, then my eyes popped out my head. He has ordered me another blood test but feels with the family history and the fact that my TSH levels were rising from my last blood test which was in normal range that we might need to look at medication. I tried to explain to him that 6.9 might not be worrying for him but it is out of my comfort zone and the symptoms I am getting are out of my comfort zone.
    Just ordered vitamin D3 from internet and am pleased with myself and the doctor and for this forum.
    Now questions I have. Does anyone know if there are different types of vitamin D? IF a big IF medication is needed what do I need to ask for, what is good and what is bad? Thank you kindly in advance

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @wilson33 your doctor is absolutely right. Vitamin D is usually taken in large doses initially to build up levels in the blood. My wife was prescribed 20,000IU for three weeks as she was very low as well.

All of your symtoms could be due to thyroid or due to deficiency in Vit D, B12 or ferritin. Deficiency in anyone of them would bring similar sort of symptoms so give Vit D a try. You also have to take something which is good absorbing....I normally take Carlson Labs, Vitamin D3 which works for my body.

Do keep us posted with your progress but what I see you may need a little bit of thyroid support to bring back your thyroid levels. Once within good range like TSH less than 2, you can gradually reduce your thyroid dose and monitor your levels.

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @wilson33 your doctor is absolutely right. Vitamin D is usually taken in large doses initially to build up levels in the blood. My wife was prescribed 20,000IU for three weeks as she was very low as well.

All of your symtoms could be due to thyroid or due to deficiency in Vit D, B12 or ferritin. Deficiency in anyone of them would bring similar sort of symptoms so give Vit D a try. You also have to take something which is good absorbing....I normally take Carlson Labs, Vitamin D3 which works for my body.

Do keep us posted with your progress but what I see you may need a little bit of thyroid support to bring back your thyroid levels. Once within good range like TSH less than 2, you can gradually reduce your thyroid dose and monitor your levels.

Country
    UK
    for your reply Mike, I can tell you this, to feel listened to as a patient means more to me than anything else, a bedside manner is free as are manners but people don't like to use them because they cost nothing! I spoke to my mum yesterday who told me she would have been 36 when she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, but the doctor who took her bloods retired 2 weeks later, 30 years ago it took 3-4 weeks for bloodwork to come back. She got her phone call for those blood test results 9 years later!!!

What do you mean by good absorbing? Is there a difference in vitamin D and vitamin D3? Thank you

Country
    UK
    Hi .... again, sorry for being a pain but re-read your post to me and I have to say this is all new to me and have no idea what is going on with my body let alone what I should be asking for. Why do I need an absorber? Can you play by play me please as I am getting sooooooooooo confused and uptight and anti anxiety pills aren't that strong

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense