User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello and a little advice please.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Country
    Wales

Hello and a little advice please.

Hello,

Before I start, I hope you don't mind me posting here, I have not been diagnosed yet but am waiting for results. For about 5 or 6 months now I have been feeling worse and worse, and after changing my contraceptive pill twice, as I thought it must be that causing me the problems, I was sent for a thyroid function test.

My symptoms have been;

Feeling tired all the time, lack of energy and enthusiasm for things, depression and easily emotional, feeling nervous and anxious/paranoid, unable to lose weight (this has been continuous for many years), weak nails, really feeling temp change (either freezing cold or boiling up!) muscle spasms and dizzy spells, and heavy periods. There may be other things I have forgotten to mention, but I've been feeling pretty rubbish for a while now.

My main worry is that the test will come back negative, and the problems are all in my head. When I started looking in to underactive thyroid it really seemed to tick all the boxes, but then the worry comes of "Am I adapting things to make it fit?"

I feel like over the past 6 months I have changed dramatically, even my friends and family have noticed the change in me. I have no patience and I'm just generally not a nice person to be around, and I guess I am just scared that its a problem with my head!

I had the blood test done last Tuesday and am waiting for results, if it is the thyroid will they call you? or just tell you when you go for your next appointment? The doctor pretty much had me tested for everything that's going, so I really do hope they find something.

My Gran mother has had thyroid problems since the age of 16, and I believe her sister had too, but I don't know what age.

I hope you understand my crazy concern. Has anyone else here experienced the same problems or concerns?

Thank you for reading this, and any help or advice is very welcome.

Emily

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi Emily87

It's not all in your head and if you dont take your symptoms seriously now, you may heading for difficult times in the future.

Thyroid is the main issue but you get these symptoms due to other issues as well. Try exploring or searching for Lack of Vitamin B or Vitamin D deficiency symptoms or low iron levels etc....and you'll be surprised to see that they are almost identical to thyroid symptoms. It could well be that your thyroid is fully normal but its performance is affected due to deficiency of other nutrition’s?

We'll just have to wait for the test results to come back before reaching a conclusion. If your ordered your tests on Tuesday then it should be back by tomorrow. Try requesting a copy of those results even if they say everything is normal and try to study it. For a young adult, normal range of results is usually upper range rather than lower range. Don’t be scared if something doesn’t come in range and you have to see a doctor as in today's life, everyone seems to be lacking one thing or other Your symptoms should go away slowly and gradually once all deficiencies are corrected.

Tagger Second Class

Country
    Wales
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply and advice. I just called for my results and I was told that I need to go in for a chat about my serum levels. I had a quick look and isn't that to do with your iron? I'm a little frustrated, because I had given blood the week before I had the test, and my Iron levels were fine, but I have been feeling like this for months! Bit confused..

Emily

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    I need to go in for a chat about my serum levels.
    i don't know what that means but i remember that when i was feeling like you i also went to see Iron levels and they were fine. In my case it was thyroid.
    hm...i'm now really curious what those serum levels are.
    can you let me know?

Tagger Second Class

Country
    Wales
    This is why I am frustrated, she said it was non urgent, but didn't really say anything other than it was about my serum levels, and after my panic researching that it can pretty much mean anything.

I will be confused and annoyed if they say its my iron, as I've been taking iron tablets, donated blood, and have been told I can do platlet donations, and this has all been in the last 2 weeks!

I have an appointment booked for next wednesday, so I have to hold on until then. Which won't help with the way I am feeling at the moment.

I will ask for a copy of the results and put them up, as I don't really understand any of it..

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    Which won't help with the way I am feeling at the moment.
    i know exactly how you feeling - its hard but its just what you ahve to do

and put the results - maybe some of us can understand them, who knows

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Normally when they talk about serum then it could be anything as all blood tests are serum this and serum that etc. One thing you have to understand is usually Nurse or receptionist will look at the numbers and if something is flagged up as out of range then they will call you to discuss about that.

This does not mean your other levels are normal. Like I said before, you could be in range but still low on those hormones, minerals and vitamins. Just request a copy and share your results to see how do they look. Good luck and have a wonderful jubilee weekend.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense