User Tag List

Thread: Tremours & hyperthyroidism

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Country
    UK

Tremours & hyperthyroidism

I have recently been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, the doctor wants to do more test etc before he will give me any perscription treatment, the thing is I have problems sleeping, about 4 hours a night and I wake up about every half hour, my food patterns change, one minute I eat all day, the next hardly anything, sometimes I lack memory from just 30 seconds ago but thats rare, the thing thats really bugging me is the tremours, one day i'm fine, then over the space of an hour I can't even lift a full glass, some times it changes week to week, others hour to hour and it's really bugging me now, I have tried taking vitamin tablets etc to no avail, I am on trying a high iodine diet as someone has told me this helps, can anyone suggest anything else? Food? Herbal? Medication? Over the counter tablets? My pulse seems a lot stronger at times as well to the point you can actually see my pulse moving in my neck, any suggestions would be greatfully recieved

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    from my experience, vitamins and even meds for depression doesnt help. When my tsh is under 5-6 i feel almost like you. can't eat, no energy, losing weight but i can sleep at least 7 hours and than waking up sweaty. Anyway, give us results, tsh/ft4 etc.
    i feel better only with meds that impact thyroid.
    i'm on propiltiouracil alkaloid 50mg (dont know if thats available in UK) for a week now and i feel better, still can sleep more than 7 hours (like i used to when i was ok), still low on energy and can't eat much but i feel better than week ago. today i did tests again and tommorow i'll see with my endo what to do.

good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Z_interactive For This Useful Post:

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hello @shortbred and welcome to the forums.

You have to be careful with too much iodine as it could trigger autoimmune disease. How were you diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism? Did you go to see doctor because of your symptoms or a routine check up? What are your test results?

I have been hyper all my life and it never bothered me as it was quite mild. Now I am hypo and I seriously hate it...wish I could go back. The symptoms you are suffering from could be temporarily as sometimes there is a phase of high antibodies but then they go down and you feel normal again.

Diet surely can help but it depends on what stage of thyroid disorder are you and if adrenals are working properly (Adrenals suffer in both hypo and hyper case) Typical supplements you should take are Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin B etc but don't expect miracles from them.

There are days when my work bag feels like it's filled with metal and on other days it feels like feather.......nothing changes inside so there is something responsible for it and I dont know myself what is it!

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Country
    UK
    The diagnosis has come from blood tests, and the levels I do not know, I have had 3 lots but they still refuse to give me prescription medication, so I'm just trying to work out a way to help it myself, in the first place the tremours wasn't too noticeable but it's got progressively worse which really isn't helping and it's really becoming embarassing and getting me down

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    i'm sorry but i don't understand. how do you don't know levels?

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense