User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help me with my condition

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Country
    England

Please help me with my condition

Hi, I was after some advise on what people think is the problem with me at the moment.

I am suffering from the below symptoms:

Tiredness
    Weakness
    Excess Sweating
    Anxiety/Panic Attacks
    Dizziness
    Heart Palpitations
    Fast heart rate 100+ beats a min
    Loss of concentration
    Diarrhea

The doctor recently done blood tests which came back showing that why thyroid level was slightly high:

Total T4: 18.4

As this was high he sent off for another one to include TSH which came back as:

Total T4: 17.6
    TSH: 2.93

The doctor said that the TSH level was fine as its under 3 but I am still confused by the results as if I understand correctly the T4 value indicates possible HYPERthyroidism where and the TSH is normal/high showing possible slight HYPOthyroidism. Am I correct that something doesn't quite add up with these as my doctor doesn't seem interested and I am feeling worse and worse as the days go by.
    Last edited by Blade88; 11th May 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hello @Blade88 , Total T4 is not a useful number in thyroid so I'd presume it's FT4 or Free T4 which you are referring to. If that's the case then it's not high...it's well within range. Your TSH is not that high either but could be lower.

Have you tried investigating other reasons like rise in antibodies, food allergies, deficiency of Vitamins like Vit D, B12 or ferritin etc?

All above can cause similar symptoms of thyroid. You also want to request Free T3 (FT3) as this hormone is also produce by thyroid gland and is responsible for a lot of hyper symptoms.

Tagger Second Class

Country
    England
    Hi thanks for the reply yes sorry it was Free T4.

The doctor has done various other blood tests and hasn't really found anything. Looking back at the results there was another T4 test done when i was ill back in December and that came back as 12.4 so it does seem to of risen quite a bit since. I have managed to get an appointment privately with a endocrinologist on Wednesday do you reckon he will be able to help?

Tagger First ClassCreated Blog entry3 months registered500 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain
    Blog Entries
    Funnily enough, my wife is 'hyper' (im no thyroid at all) she takes tablets to surpress the tyroid activity. Same symptoms, high heart rate, anxiety,night sweats, shes now much more tolerable with the meds.

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    i can tell you from my experience that results are not always right.
    i had tsh around 1.5 which is normal but i was feeling like you and one month later it dropped under normal and i ended up in hospital.

I have managed to get an appointment privately with a endocrinologist on Wednesday do you reckon he will be able to help?
    i really hope he helps you! good luck and keep us posted

Tagger First Class3 months registered500 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain
    Hi @Blade88 .

I feel exactly the same my friend. It is horrible and I feel horrible. My TSH level was over 10 a few months ago but is now down to 2.9. I still feel awful with the same symptoms as you so I feel your pain. I was reading somewhere today that a lot of docs are afraid to provide you with meds if they believe you are at the high end of the normal, as they say "well your in the normal range so no more meds for you". According to this doc on this site you can still get all of the symptoms you mentioned at the TSH high level of normal 3.0 ish. I therefore am going to increase my dosage (The doc said this was ok), dont do it without permission, with the hope that I will finally feel normal.

Just know you are not alone.

Give me a shout what the endo says, good luck

Graeme

7. The Following User Says Thank You to graemeb9803 For This Useful Post:

31 days registered100 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain
    hi i am new to this site, even though i have had a underactive thyroid since 2001. just asked for a blood test because im feeling rubbish. very panicky,agitated, and my body feels exhausted, skin dry, hair dull, worried about blood test dont like waiting for results.just hope thyroid is the problem . at the moment i take 100mg thyroxine daily please advise me anybody just to put my mind at rest.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense