User Tag List

Thread: Earthing and thyroid

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Earthing and thyroid

Does anyone here practice earthing/grounding? It is something that I have only just come accross but it supposed to be particularly helpful for ppl with underactive thyroids! Sorry if this topic has been discussed elsewhere on the forum (If so I have missed it LOL). I will try and find a link to more info to post

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @Liz I wasn't aware of anything like "Earthing" to be honest or never heard of it. When I saw your post, I thought it's another herbal sort of treatment. Just googled it and came with some interesting results.
    Some people seem to have benefited from it but how authentic are those results is open to debate.

If you read here

CONCLUSIONS:
    Earthing the human body influences human physiologic processes. This influence is observed during night relaxation and during physical activity. Effect of the earthing on calcium-phosphate homeostasis is the opposite of that which occurs in states of weightlessness. It also increases the activity of catabolic processes. It may be the primary factor regulating endocrine and nervous systems.

Source - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21469913

So the study does claim there is some sort of relationship between body's natural rhythm and earthing. Hopefully someone can enlighten us if they have benefited from it or at least have tried it.
    Are you planning to try this out to see if it works?

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by littleliz View Post
    Does anyone here practice earthing/grounding? It is something that I have only just come accross but it supposed to be particularly helpful for ppl with underactive thyroids! Sorry if this topic has been discussed elsewhere on the forum (If so I have missed it LOL). I will try and find a link to more info to post

http://www.annlouise.com/blog/2010/1...-your-thyroid/

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi @Liz I wasn't aware of anything like "Earthing" to be honest or never heard of it. When I saw your post, I thought it's another herbal sort of treatment. Just googled it and came with some interesting results.
    Some people seem to have benefited from it but how authentic are those results is open to debate.

If you read here

CONCLUSIONS:
    Earthing the human body influences human physiologic processes. This influence is observed during night relaxation and during physical activity. Effect of the earthing on calcium-phosphate homeostasis is the opposite of that which occurs in states of weightlessness. It also increases the activity of catabolic processes. It may be the primary factor regulating endocrine and nervous systems.

Source - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21469913

So the study does claim there is some sort of relationship between body's natural rhythm and earthing. Hopefully someone can enlighten us if they have benefited from it or at least have tried it.
    Are you planning to try this out to see if it works?
    To be honest Mike its all new info to me to (thanks for link)....I to was also hoping that other members here might have tried it and have experiences to share... If nothering else it is great to know that walking barefoot in the grass or on the beach may be beneficial in more ways than just making us feel good. It's something I will be looking into more, however I doubt I would be prepared to fork out lots of dosh on this for grounding mats and such like just yet!

It may ofcause be something that other people on here may be able to try when all else seems not to be working... who knows!

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Good luck and please keep us posted as it'll help us.

You can't find any dry place to walk barefoot with all this poor weather hopefully it goes away quickly. How you doing otherwise as you have been away for a while.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Good luck and please keep us posted as it'll help us.

You can't find any dry place to walk barefoot with all this poor weather hopefully it goes away quickly. How you doing otherwise as you have been away for a while.
    for asking! I'm doing OK Mike. Busy busy with the shows which is a good thing, but still need more bookings moneywise. Had my thyroid checked a little while ago and not heard anything back so I'm guessing no change. Started taking neurozan brain vits which have given me a lot more energy and concnetration power (I can now sit down and read or watch a film without falling asleep within a couple of minutes tee hee but I still cant remember what Ive watched :/) and I have joined the gym again which I am really enjoying even if I have lost no weight what so ever. Still using coconut oil (glad I found that) and that about sums everything up for now. But if I discover that earthing works for me I will certainly let you know!

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense