User Tag List

Thread: My Meds seem to work for a few weeks then I'm back to square one

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger First Class3 months registered500 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain

My Meds seem to work for a few weeks then I'm back to square one

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I just had my Levothyroxine increased by 25 mg and felt fine for the first 4 weeks, hence why I haven't been on here for a while. I actually felt normal for once. Now however I feel awful again, extremely tired and dizzy. This happened the last time too.

The question is, is it my body needing more of the medication? I am pretty new to this and don't really understand what the hell is going on to be honest. I have also stopped smoking a week ago, would this have an effect?

all comments and advice welcome.

Cheers guys

Graeme

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    the med is starting to work and that's it. Looks like your dosage it too much for you. I have the same thing, I'm taking 1/2 25mg eutyrox for around 20 days and i feel great and than one morning i'm not ok any more. and things get worse every day. So i stop taking meds until i feel better again (around 20 days).
    Than when I feel again ok I resume my meds.
    http://www.thyroidhelp.org/forums/sh...yroidism/page3

i don't think smoking has to to something with it since i don't smoke

Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered

Country
    Canada
    im in the exact same boat as you are. im on the same medication and it was recently increased to 0.112 mg (about a week ago) and since that day i have felt as though i am back to square-one. i am not sleeping at all either. ------- soooo tired all the time and everything is a hassel. on the smoking, i stopped on the first day of the year but have started again about 2 weeks ago or so. --------- i doubt that is part of it but i cant say for sure. ive made another apointment at doc but im not looking forward to adding to the confusion.
    good luck to you, tim.

Tagger First ClassCreated Blog entry3 months registered500 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain
    Blog Entries
    Im the same, just had my meds changed, sleeping alot better as my dosage is lower, but weights still an issue. I was on T3 80mcg for a year and that progressively wore me out. The med change helped, then slowly, slowly, it made me feel worse. I think theres a great case for self medicating on thyroxine.

Member Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    Australia
    Your diet and lifestyle has a great affect on your health when you're a thyroid sufferer, regarding your meds (I'm no expert by the way) but if you're tired all the time I would think you may need more meds??

I know one thing if my meds are too strong I'm not tired instead I get hyper, so I think the other way must apply also

However, changing your lifestyle - stopping smoking probably triggered the changes to the way you feel now and the way your body has reacted to it.

Smoking is bad for the health, but smoking also provides the person with a sense of calmness (some people have said) and an ability to stay slim.

3 months registered500 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Country
    UK
    Hi Graeme

think im in the same boat had my thyroxine changed nearly 4 weeks ago upped from 50mgs to 75mgs as i was feeling sooo tierd felt great for the first week or so, thought this is great, had energy left after work was a new woman!!!!... then all of a sudden bang tierd miserable, irritable, headache.. thought crap.. so dont know whats happened too low.. too much.. getting on my nerves... hope you feeling better

sky xx
    Last edited by skyblue; 3rd October 2012 at 03:50 PM.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense