User Tag List

Thread: Thyroid cancer, problem with erection.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points

Country
    Poland

Thyroid cancer, problem with erection.

Hey everyone

I've had thyroiodoctomy 3 years ago beacuse of papillary thyroid cancer, from that time I've note that my libido is lower than before operation and my erection is not strong as it was (now having morning wood is rarity). I'm taking 187,5 euthyrox. Please help or give me some advice.

that's my lab test results:

Tsh-0,030 µIU/ml (min 0,350 - max 4,940)

FT3 – 2,99 pg/ml (min 2 - max4,4)

FT4 – 1,15 ng/dl (min 0,70 - max 1,48)

cortisol- 18,9 ug/dL, flags CNTL

Prolactine– 22,83 ng/ml

SHGB- 13,71 nmol/l (min14,50-max 48,40)

testosterone - 388,60 ng/dl (min 249-max 836)

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hello @jinxthecat

Three years is a long time so your hormones should be stabilised by now. How do you feel overall apart from libido issue? I mean do you feel well? Any food allergies etc or fatigue issues?

Initially everyone gets this problem and recovery is quite slow and gradual. You would want to check you LH, FSH and Estradiol results as well to get the full picture. Also testosterone looks quite low as well. I would imagine it's total testosterone and not free testosterone which is what you want to test for.

I have had quite a lot benefit from taking zinc (Read my blog entry here) but then again, zinc will nto work if thyroid hormones are not there. Also mind you, if you have low cortisol....nothing will work unless you treat them properly.

Did you do a blood test for cortisol? Ideally you want Saliva test done to check your adrenals. You'll get test results something like below which will indicate what is going on with your body rythym.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saliva test - Adrenals.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	40

Country
    Poland
    ok thats my last lab test

FSH 1,71 mIU/ml 1,50 - 12,40 N

LH 4,40 mIU/ml 1,70 - 8,60 N

Estradiol 46,23 pg/ml 7,63 – 42,60 H

What kind of food allergies you mean? I never had this kind of disease. Can you write more about them? As I wrote everything change after the surgery. I've spoke about my problem with urologist. He made USG of my testicals and he said that everything is alright with them. Maybe this is effect of I-131 iodine, my doctor said that this not possible.

You asked me do I feel well ? Generaly my week is like sinusoid. Saturday and Sunday I feel good (I have even morning wood), Monday I feel good but my body begins to slow down, tuesday the same, wednesday and thursday are shit, friday I begin to speed up.

And yes, for sure I made blood test for cortisol.

And what's that Saliva test is and where you can buy it ?

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @jinxthecat Your LH and FSH are low but not so low as mine. Mine started going down gradually so perhaps of you check them again after a few months, you'll see them in decline. Your estradiol is definitely high which is not something you would want as it converts to Estrogen, female sexual hormone. I am not sure what would you do to bring it down.

I think we are in quite a similar situation. I had quite a lot of trouble but this went away very slowly and it was all due to low adrenals. You have done the blood test for adrenals which is not an accurate representation. You must do a Salivary Stress Index which, like I said before, measures your cortisol levels from your saliva over 4 times in a day. As you are based in Poland, so I dont know which labs you could use for the test. You could try http://www.gdx.net/ to order a test and see if they work in your region.

The way you have described that you feel good or bad on particular days, I would think it's more to do with adrenals than anything else. Even though adrenals produce very little amount of sexual hormones, without them, you wouldnt feel good.

It'll take sometime but you'll recover.

Country
    Poland
    I arrange my visit with my endo at the end of may, I'll write here what they say as quick as possible.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense