User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiya . About 3 weeks into a diagnosis----- West Coast of British columbia.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered

Country
    Canada

Hiya . About 3 weeks into a diagnosis----- West Coast of British columbia.

havent really had time to digest all of this yet but it is good to find this forum ( very good) and also good to have an explanation as to why i have been feeling like this for a year now. things are a bit inconclusive because i have a couple of other "stressors" going on in my live simultaneously but even if they get sorted out piece-meal it would feel better to know where i stand with life.
    i have a bit of leaning to do and just trying to b r e a t h e for now. im hoping to have a good look around this board in the next little while. - im on another forum that has to do with my jeep but otherwise im slightly ignorant as to how this will be. ------ but either way i am quite glad and grateful to be here. ----- been on the meds for about 3 weeks and dont feel any better at all. -my wife works with someone who told here it could be 3 months before they begin to work and i thought i saw something on here that said something similar. - time will tell ............

Country
    Canada
    i replied to my own post, - a nice good long one too, - but of course it disappeared. ( mostly a bit of complaining about the low energy, self-esteem, social-life, income, happiness-quotient, appetite, - and the constipation and just general state of things). - but i heard it might get better, so im kinda hanging on to that ..................

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    been on the meds for about 3 weeks and dont feel any better at all. -my wife works with someone who told here it could be 3 months before they begin to work and i thought i saw something on here that said something similar. - time will tell .........
    it takes time to get right dosage.
    can you get us more informations like TSH, FT4 results?

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hello @timosman how were you identified being underactive? Mind you it takes a lot of time (at least 6 to 8 weeks) to start feeling any positive results.

Stress will have to be reduced otherwise you'll get panic attacks and will feel drained after gone through any small stress. Do you mind me asking what's your age and weight?

Country
    Canada
    gentlemen! - thank you!! - yes, i am under-active (in more ways than one, lol). my weight has been 160 lbs my entire adult life -- never fluctuates. i am 5'10" tall and 48 yrs old. ive never had a sleeping problem but the last few months i cant seem to sleep enough - meaning that if i wake-up i usually seem to stay awake.
    for the last year ive been so exhausted in the afternoons and its been steadily worse the last few months. and mike, - panic attacks ?!?!? yes, check. i have had those kinds of bouts of anxiety before. i have been just chocking it up to a mid-life crisis so i didnt think it was part of the thyroid issue.
    i dont know the test result numbers. when the doctor told me about this i didnt realize it was important for me to know them but it has been 3 and a half weeks and i was just re-tested so will be seeing him again this coming week i believe. (Only have 4 pills left so im fairly certain to be in contact with him). the meds are :levothyroxine na 0.075 mg (synthroid).
    i have been really down for a while now and have felt like i might need a nap forever. and the stressors have been a couple of ones that i havent seen a way to reduce just yet, but even with the information that i have gleaned in the last 24 hrs from this board, i am feeling a bit more hopeful ---- thank you.

Country
    Canada
    truth-be-told, im just looking for someone to tell me in plain terms how to go about my day not feeling so down about all the un-done things and to not be so down on myself for acting so lazy and unmotivated. ----- there are a few things in my life that i am desperate to have done and each day lately when i look at the clock and realize another day has gone by and they are not done .... well, you get the picture.....
    stress leads to panic which leads to more undone things and a genera pervasive unhappiness and guilty feeling. ( i know that i know that i should know better than this). sooner or later it's gonna be about money.

Country
    Canada
    thoughts............... ?

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense