User Tag List

Thread: Help to understand my lab results

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points

Country
    Germany

Help to understand my lab results

Hello to all, I'm new here and want to help with my results please.
    You are much more experienced with the labs.

I read STTM book, but don't understand still my labs

My biggest problems are low libido, eye problems with eye floaters, low weight, ear ringing ...
    No infections like Lyme, Chlamydia, EBV... Did a Complete stoll analysis test with no bacteria, yeast, fungs.
    Only protoza with taxonomy unavailable.

Vitamin D levels were low...adding 5000UI for two months already. Anti TPO decresing from 1025 to 599.

Thyroid
    TSH 1.99 (0.27-4.20)
    TT4 132 (66 - 181)
    TT3 1.8 (1.2 - 3.1)
    FT4 18 (12 - 22)
    FT3 4.4 (3.1 - 6.8)
    Anti TPO 599!! (<30)
    Anti Tgb 10 (<20)

Hormones serum
    FSH 1.9 (1.5 - 12.4)
    LH 3.6 (1.7 - 8.6)
    Estradiol 46.2 (28 - 156)
    Prolaktin 5.69 (4.0 - 15.2)
    Progesteron 2.1 (0.7 - 4.3)
    Testosteron 16.45 (8.64 - 29.0)
    DHEAS 8.66 (4.3 - 12.2)
    SHBG 79!! (14.5 - 48.4)
    Cortisol 373 (171 - 536)

4x Salivary test with Genova
    Morning cortisol 17.7 (12 - 22)
    +4-5 hours 5.0 (5.0 - 9.0)
    +4-5 hours 4.1 (3.0 - 7.0)
    Night 0.5L (1.0 - 3.0)

DHEA am 0.32L (0.4 - 1.47)
    DHEA pm 0.30L (0.4 - 1.47)

DHEA:Cortisol Ratio 1.14 (2.0 - 6.0)

Should I take Cortisol, DHEA only or supporting herb for adrenals?...please help me to understand.

a lot.
    Sroll

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hello @Sroll and welcome to the site.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your results but I'll try to be as simple as I can be.

First of all, how old are you? I would make a guess that you are young and less than 40 years?

From what I see is that you have some sort of Hyperthyroidism or Graves' disease. AntiTPO are procduced and they attack thyroid gland, making thyroid gland produce more hormones. Hyperthyroidism and Graves' disease will have some impact on eye where eyes usually start pushing towards. It doesnt happen to everyone but it is a sign of Graves' disease.

Eye floaters, low weight and ear ringing all are symptoms of Graves' disease / Hyperthyroidism to me. I know your FT4 and FT3 numbers are within range and your TSH is also showing a good number.

Like you said taking Vitamin D has reduced antiTPo bodies but has it reduced any of the symptoms which you have mentioned? How long have you been feeling like this or is it something which started recently?

Your Cortisol and okay and so is DHEA though on lower side. SHBG protein is high which is again related to Hyperthyroidism! FSH and LH are towards the low side but Testosterone seems okay. Is it free Testosterone or total testosterone?

I wouldnt recommend cortisol or DHEA as I dont really see that of an issue. I see more thyroid related illness and if you fix that, your adrenals and sex hormones will return to normal.

Got to check your ferritin, Vitamin B12 and other liver and kidney function tests.

Senior Member Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Mike has explained it in quite a bit @Sroll . I have never had dealing with hyper thyroid so couldnt possibly give you an opinion.

Hyperthyroidism cases are quite rare...its hypo which is a lot common. Would keep tracking the progress though.

Country
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hello @Sroll and welcome to the site.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your results but I'll try to be as simple as I can be.

First of all, how old are you? I would make a guess that you are young and less than 40 years?

From what I see is that you have some sort of Hyperthyroidism or Graves' disease. AntiTPO are procduced and they attack thyroid gland, making thyroid gland produce more hormones. Hyperthyroidism and Graves' disease will have some impact on eye where eyes usually start pushing towards. It doesnt happen to everyone but it is a sign of Graves' disease.

Eye floaters, low weight and ear ringing all are symptoms of Graves' disease / Hyperthyroidism to me. I know your FT4 and FT3 numbers are within range and your TSH is also showing a good number.

Like you said taking Vitamin D has reduced antiTPo bodies but has it reduced any of the symptoms which you have mentioned? How long have you been feeling like this or is it something which started recently?

Your Cortisol and okay and so is DHEA though on lower side. SHBG protein is high which is again related to Hyperthyroidism! FSH and LH are towards the low side but Testosterone seems okay. Is it free Testosterone or total testosterone?

I wouldnt recommend cortisol or DHEA as I dont really see that of an issue. I see more thyroid related illness and if you fix that, your adrenals and sex hormones will return to normal.

Got to check your ferritin, Vitamin B12 and other liver and kidney function tests.

Hello and thank you very much for your response.

I'm 30 years old, male, 175cm/59kg.

It's interesting view about possible Grave's or Hyperthyrodism.

But my antibodies againts Thyreoglobulin Anti-TG are <20 {range is <40}, which is normal. My eyes are not pushing towards. Also intraocular pressure is normal.
    Anti TPO are mostly seen in Hashimoto's, aren't they? They decreased in my situation after eating more salmon and vitamin D supp.
    I'm for long time on gluten diet also. I read dr Kharazian book and follow his recommendation.

My vitamin D levels were in 18.10.2011 26.4 ng/ml {range is 24.0-60.0}
    My vitamin D levels were in 09.01.2012 36.9 ng/ml

I don't think that my syptoms are reduced. When I'm having an "attack" of my symptoms I get : Cold feet/hands, more ear ringing, red eyes, unfocused/blurred vision, vertigo {unable to drive car}. The symptoms has started three years ago. But after very stressfull situation in spring last year I have developed also eye floaters and later afterimages, little snowvision, fluctuating vision etc. Check by three retinal surgeons and my retina is healthy. They see eye floaters only.

My iron and B12 labs results are from 12.07.2011

Fe 27.2 umol/l {10.6 - 28.3}
    TIBC 60.0 umol/l {41 - 77}
    Transferin 3.13 g/l {2.0 - 3.6}
    Ferritin 100.1 ug/l {30 - 400}
    Saturation TRF 34.57% {20 - 50}

Vitamin B12 283 pmol/l {141 - 489}

My testosterone levels were measured as Total Testosterone and liver and kidney test are OK. Everything in ranges.

Should I supplement with iodine? To do a urine test? I'm reading Dr. Abraham and Browenstein book and they recommend Lugol or Iodoral.
    But I'm still not sure if this is the right step what I must do. BTW been young - I never eat fishs until my 29! Maybe I'm very defficient in this trace mineral.

Thank you!!!
    Sroll
    Last edited by Sroll; 27th February 2012 at 09:52 AM.

Senior Member Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Eye floaters could also be due to poor digestion and a lot of other reasons. Your eye floaters tend to increase or decrease or they tend to remain stable?

Country
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Eye floaters could also be due to poor digestion and a lot of other reasons. Your eye floaters tend to increase or decrease or they tend to remain stable?
    Hello Butterfly,

I was supplementing my digestive with Betain HCL 600mg + Digestive Enzymes for better digestion according to my weight loosing, long time ago before eye floaters has developed. After that...they are still increasing during the year.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense