User Tag List

Thread: chestnut size benign nodule lower left thyroid gland

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Cry chestnut size benign nodule lower left thyroid gland

does anyone have experiences with thyroid nodules. i have tiny nodules right and left and one chestnut size nodule which was biopsied which was normal. i will see the endo in 6 months. has anyone been in this situation. what happened to you. did you need surgery. how are you doing now thank you everyone

Site Donator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class

Country
    England
    @thyroidnodule , sorry to hear you are having issues with your health and struggling with thyroid.
    I see you have tiny nodules but when were these identified, Did you have an ultrasound scan?

It's like you may have hashimoto disease where you tend to go hypothyroid and when your thyroid is struggling, more nodules are developed.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any breathing issues or any of these nodules are visible from outer skin?

Good luck and I hope you are euthyroid and nodules are benign.
    Struggling to get my life back!

Country
    United States

Sad yes, i had thyroid ultrasound, fine needle biopsy , blood tests, thyroid scan for cold and hot nodul

Yes, i had thyroid ultrasound, fine needle biopsy , blood tests, thyroid scan for cold and hot nodule

i discovered my chestnut size nodule last year. finally my dr made me go for thyroid ultrasound, final needle biopsy thyroid scan for hot and cold nodules. my chestnut size nodule was cold the endo stated cold dosen't mean cancer. i had a fine needle biopsy of the chestnut nodule no evidence of cancer. i have tiny nodules in left and right size of thryoid. he said my thyroid levels are ok.i went to the endo he will see me in six months with follow up thyroid ultrasound. he didn't mention hashimotos. you can see my chestnut nodule when i swallow . it moves up and down. i don't know what is next for me anyone have these issues. thank you for replying

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @thyroidnodule I can certainly feel your anxiety but there is not much we can do at this stage to be honest. Nodules development is mostly related to thryoid cancer as far as I know so if there is no evidence of it, you should be glad

Like Endo said, you should make a visit after that period to make sure there is no other development and your thyroid levels are okay as well. If I was you, I would ask for another scan as well at that time to make sure everything is good.

How do you feel overall? Do you have any symptoms related to tiredness, fatigue weight gain etc which are typical thyroid symptoms?

Member Achievements:
    Tagger First Class31 days registered250 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Hi there I don't have experience with nodules so I can;t really help. I just wanted to say good luck with this and hopefully it can be sorted soon as possible.

Take care

Dennis

Country
    United States
    hello everyone thyroid nodule here. i will be visiting my endocronologist in june 2012. the first stop is an ultrasound of my thyroid again. the fine needle biopsy of the chestnut size nodule showed no cancer last fall. it is a waiting game for now plus i have some other health issues i deal with too. i want to thank everyone for replying or who will reply. the best of health to you all always. i will keep you informed of what is to come. thank you again everyone

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense