User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsh help please!

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Tsh help please!

For the past year iv had list of nasty symptoms from palls to ringing in the ears and anxiety attacks. I was given anxiety meds! I had a blood test done on Monday, the results said my t3 t4 was in normal range but my tsh was 7.8 but the dr said it has to be atleast 10 to treat. Could this be the reason I'm being so il? It's unbearable!

3 months registered250 Experience Points

Country
    Scotland
    i would say with a level of tsh at 7.8, you should be treated for it. i would go back to the doctors and ask to be treated also ask them to check you levels say in six weeks and see how you are doing. it is all to easy for the to give you something for the anxiety and send you away . it is not getting to the route of the problem, and yes anxiety can be caused by an underactive thyriod. i am only 2 months into treatment so its early days for me . good luck

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @Shaney @johnphilip is absolutely right. You must go back and ask for a treatment or change your GP. Most GPs will treat you if you are above 5.5 but 7 is very high number.

Your FT3 and FT4 could well be within range but not in optimum range. Better to change the doctor and look for one who treats you right.

Country
    UK
    Iv mentioned my tsh level to 3 different drs now, there labelling a hypochondriac as I'm always up there with different symptoms and anxiety. It's funny when you think about it when you put all my symptoms together it's classic thyroid trouble. I feel stuck! Any ideas on how much to go private and where? I'm in the midlands. guys much apriciated

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @Shaney

Dr. Skinner is a private practitioner in the UK, with particular interest in patients with thyroid problems. He holds clinics in Birmingham and Scotland. "I think he is a Top Doc because one of the first things he said to me was "Patient first, blood test results later," said one patient.

His address is

Dr. Gordon RB Skinner, M.D., 22 Alcester Rd, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8BE phone/fax 01214498895. http://www.thyroideducation.com

Country
    United States
    @Shaney Hypochondriac? NO! Hypothyroid YES! Please get a doc that will start you on some T4 - I bet it will help you immensely. I don't even think you're sub-clinical at TSH 7. you are hypothyroid.

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaney View Post
    For the past year iv had list of nasty symptoms from palls to ringing in the ears and anxiety attacks. I was given anxiety meds! I had a blood test done on Monday, the results said my t3 t4 was in normal range but my tsh was 7.8 but the dr said it has to be atleast 10 to treat. Could this be the reason I'm being so il? It's unbearable!
    well, here in croatia TSH level is around 0.5-5. My current TSH is 6.3 and doctor gave me half of eutyrox 25 mg per day.
    i read some people feel great when their ths i around 1, while i'm feeling great when it's over 5.
    anyway, if your feeling ill you should go to doctor again

good luck

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense