User Tag List

Thread: Help to read pathology report please x

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Country
    Scotland

Help to read pathology report please x

Hi am a newbie on here so i hope ive done this right and sorry if not!

Am 34 and was told i have hashimoto's and then started 100 mcg's of levothyroxine, my thyroid antibodies were at 2000ish, this just happened in november 2011 (showed all the symtoms for over a year of underactive thyroid but my bloods were just boarderline, no testing of my antibodies untill a year of not nice symtoms..........and ive put 4stone on), I went for a ultrasound and FNA on the 2nd Dec 2011 as i had a swelling on thyroid, as i had no results i called my G.P on 19th Jan and he had a letter from the hospital so read it out then explained it to me but it was a very breif conversation and i didnt take much of it in, he mentioned that i may have early stages of cancer cells in my growth. I wonder if anyone can tell me anything more to these results? (i was really shocked cuz it has taken 6 wks for results so asumed it would be ok)
    THYROID IS ATROPHIC, SIGHTLY HYPERVASCULAR & HYPERECHOIC.
    FOLLICULAR LESION 3.2cms SHOWS NUMEROUS COHESIVE CLUMPS OF ENLARGED AND MILDLY PLEOMORPHIC EPITHELIAL CELLS, OVERALL THE FEATURES ARE SUGGESTIVE OF THYROID NEOPLASM THY3F.
    If anyone can help as i keep saying to my self the g.p may have this wrong as ive not seen my specilist doc
    yet! Thank you xx

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hello @0141den sorry don't know what exactly the test results mean but did you speak to your doctor about it?

I would say dont leave it to doctors as they are too busy to chase us hence keep chasing them for every single test and their results. Dont leave your life in their hands as they won't care.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense