User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My TSH is normal but i have all symptoms of Hyperthyroidism

My TSH is normal but i have all symptoms of Hyperthyroidism

My TSH is 3,82 and FT4/FT3 are normal too. But every morning I'm sweaty, I must go to the toilet, I'm losing weight and I feel sick in morning, after 11am I feel better but everyday it's getting worse.
    Doctor says I'm fine but I'm not. Please help.
    When I had TSH 6,88 (back in August 2011.) i had 10 kilograms more (my weight is 67 kg - 147 pounds) and i was feeling fantastic.

thanks for help

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @Z_interactive

Your thyroid is playing up perhaps that's why it's going up and down. Something is not right but you are hypothyroid anyway even if your results are within range.

It could be that you are lacking certain vitamins like Vitamin B, Vitamin D or ferritin which will give your hypo symptoms. Unfortunately it's not easy to convince the doctors hence you may struggle to get these blood test results done

All I can say is good luck with your efforts but try changing your GP and see if he listens to you.

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Country
    Croatia
    thank you for answer.

my doctor gave me vitamins B which according to her should stop me losing weight! the other doctor, the endocrinologist (i think that's the word, sorry on my english) says it's all in my head.
    One question, how do you mean hypo? i thought i have symptoms of hyper, i'm sweating, losing weight, don't have energy??? isn't that symptoms of hyper? hypo is gain weight right?
    when my THS was +6 i was felling fantastic, i had 11 kg more (my weight was 170 pounds - now it's 147 pounds) and i was full of energy.

next week i'll do blood tests again.

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @Z_interactive did you get your blood tests done? What were the results and how are you feeling now? Any progress?

Moderator Achievements:

Country
    Croatia
    Hi again Mike,
    35 days has passed since my first post. Well since then i took those vitamins B for 10 days and they help a little. During these 35 days i haven't took pills for thyroid (back in early january i was taking eutyrox, 25 mg and 50mg alternate -i think thats the word) and my TSH result is 6.38 (this result is form 2 days ago) And i feel good, i even gain weight back to 155 pounds

my endocrinologist told me to take only half of 25mg eutyrox for next 2 months and than i'll go to do new blood tests.

thanks for asking!

p.s. during this month i join few internet groups in croatia about thyroid and looks like theres more people who feels bad when their TSH is normal, for example one woman says she's great when her tsh is around 1 but when its 4 or more she feels bad.

actually, it's rude from me not to ask you do you have any problems with thyroid? How's the health care system in UK! My endocrinologist says that normal tsh range is 0.5-10 even our hospital lab says 0.27-4.20. How's that in UK.

thanks again for contacting me

cheers

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @Z_interactive

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Are you taking Vitamin tablets or injections? Some members have given feedback on better absorption on Vitamin B12 injections.

So if I understand correctly, previously you were taking 25 and 50 on alternative days and now you have stopped it all together and your TSH has gone at 6.38 and you have gain a little bit of weight as well?

To be honest 6.38 is quite uncomfortable number and even though you may feel better, in longer term it is possible you go hypo so your doctor is absolutely right. Take a little bit and see how the results come out to be.

Please spread the word for this forum as well and you are welcome to invite other members so people can share their experiences and other readers can get insight of how thyroid is playing to some people.

In the UK, the previous thyroid range was uptp 5 but now they have raised it to 10. I think there was a petetion as well to stop doing that, not sure if it has worked out or not. Trouble is that a lot of people will be hypothyroid without knowing and their doctors will tell them it's not your thyroid!

Dont forget to keep us posted on your progress and goodluck with your journey

Moderator Achievements:

Country
    Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    @Z_interactive

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Are you taking Vitamin tablets or injections? Some members have given feedback on better absorption on Vitamin B12 injections.
    i was taking these pills
    http://www.krka.ru/img/otc/izdelki/b...ex_tablete.jpg

3 per day (10 days in total) before meal

So if I understand correctly, previously you were taking 25 and 50 on alternative days and now you have stopped it all together and your TSH has gone at 6.38 and you have gain a little bit of weight as well?
    that's right, since early january i stopped taking eutyrox and tsh is 6.38, and i gain some weight

To be honest 6.38 is quite uncomfortable number and even though you may feel better, in longer term it is possible you go hypo so your doctor is absolutely right. Take a little bit and see how the results come out to be.
    i agree both with you and her (my doctor), but how do you meen i could go hypo? i'm already hipo since i'm over 5 TSH right? Or you're thinking about normal tsh range is 0.5-10?

Please spread the word for this forum as well and you are welcome to invite other members so people can share their experiences and other readers can get insight of how thyroid is playing to some people.
    will do.

In the UK, the previous thyroid range was uptp 5 but now they have raised it to 10. I think there was a petetion as well to stop doing that, not sure if it has worked out or not. Trouble is that a lot of people will be hypothyroid without knowing and their doctors will tell them it's not your thyroid!
    i got the point.

Dont forget to keep us posted on your progress and goodluck with your journey
    thanks again

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense