Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with test results please

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Country
    Scotland

help with test results please

hi new to the forum
    male 61 years old had some test april this year my doctor found my Tsh was 12 she then did another test 6 weeks later was down to 8. then still not feeling well she did another test two weeks ago i got these results from the doctors reseptionist they were TSH 11.2 and T4 16.5. but the doctor had said my body was getting enough thyriod it was just my piturty glad was having to work harder
    my doctor had put all my feelings down to the fact that i had had a bad year scitatica for 4 months . my brother died in feb of this year then my 14 year old dog died . and then my brother in law. yes i was feeling low with these losses put kept telling her i felt as though something else was wrong so she has started me on 25 gm of levthoxarnine . only been on it for 4 days put early days put it is not helping my IBS that i have from time to time . thanks for reading, and help with the results i have shown would be nice if you have time .....regards john

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @johnphilip

Your case might be different so your doctor could be well right. I am not an expert on this so couldnt tell you much to be honest. Looking at T4 and assuming it's FT4, it doesn't look that bad considering your age. Your TSH is very very high and you'll feel a lot well when it returns back to normal range of between 0.5 to 3.5.

Country
    Scotland
    thank you so much for your time Mike, let me fill you in a little more i have been unwell for nearly 15 years now, one doctor thought it might be M.E. it is only by accident that my new doctor picked up my levels when doing a test to see if i was allergic to wheat and she noticed my levels of Tsh .

Country
    Scotland
    just has new blood tests 6 weeks since starting on 25 mg of levthoxarnine the tsh has gone down to 6.5 from 11.6 and t4 up a little from 16 to 17. still having a lot of trouble with IBS , but pleased the levels have come down. does that seem a lot for the tsh to have come down that fast in 6 to 7 weeks..........thanks for reading...........................john

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @johnphilip 6.5 is still a very high number and you would need at least 25mcg more if not 50mcg. Give it a few weeks and bump up your dose again and you'll certainly feel a lot better.

All the problems will slowly start to disappear once thyroid settles down.

Country
    Scotland
    thank you ever so much for taking the time to reply... you seem to be helping many on here and out of kindness how are you doing at the moment, hope you are keeping well................once again mike a big thanks . its very reassuring to here from you ...................regards john
    Last edited by johnphilip; 4th February 2012 at 07:45 PM.

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    @johnphilip Thank you

You are also welcome to be part of the team and help other members or say something nice to them as that's what they look for when down.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense