Thread: The great thyroid scandal

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class250 Experience Points

Country
    England

The great thyroid scandal

Nino Aziz
    THE GREAT THYROID SCANDAL !

Eltroxin (levothyroxine) is a replacement for a hormone that is normally produced by your thyroid gland to regulate the body's energy and metabolism. This medicine is given when the thyroid does not produce enough of this hormone on its own.

Sine February 2011, GSK has stopped making the drug in the world. GSK moved the production of the drug to another company. In that process changes were made to the inactive ingredients of the drug.

It turns out that these changes cause some patients to serious medication side effects and imbalances of thyroid hormones.

Side effects include, among other things, hair loss, obesity, various pains, headache, sleep problems, nervous or irritable feeling, sweating, and more...

Only one example of thousands complaints:

Kim gained 20 pounds in six weeks. Normally an energetic women, she was suddenly so exhausted that she could barely drag herself out of bed. I wasnt eating a lot more or doing anything any differently than I had been before, says Kim. I had no idea what was going on with my body.

How is it possible that both drugs contain the same material will be different effects?

Many patients experience changes in blood tests beyond the subjective sensations.

Even the unprecedented amount of complaints indicates that there is a real problem.

If this article concerns you, please respond to stop the further damage caused to patients.

Human life is not cheap! This must not happen again - now it is us, tomorrow you!

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hello @nino.aziz9

for the information. I take Eltroxin so it'll concern me. You say since Feb 2011 they have stopped manufacturing Eltroxin but it's still available in the UK from GSK.

Please provide a source to your news so I can confirm and make any changes I want for my medicine.

As far as I remember, changes were made to Eltroxin in NZ but it didnt effect any other patients.

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class250 Experience Points

Country
    England
    Hi Mike,
    It was changed in 20 counties 2008 and in the UK they started sale the new formula March 2011.

There is a link to the Israeli market with the same Eltroxin from GSK, they took it now to court.
    Here is the link (you can translate with Google):

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Eletroxin.Israel

Regards,
    Nino

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense