User Tag List

Thread: On 200 thyroxine daily still have symptoms

Smiling On 200 thyroxine daily still have symptoms

Over the last 7 years I have nothing but trouble with my thyroid I have just had my dose increased again to 200 still very tired and have body tremors when I'm tired is this normal and reading other things on here I'm only ever told from g.p that I need an increase and not my levels should I ask what my levels are

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @vickie sorry to hear you are having problems. Why did you raise the dosage to 200mcg? What were your last test results? If not get a copy from GP and let's see what they say.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

My dosage has gone up by 25 over the last yr every few months from 100 . My thyroid has been enlarged I've had a scan that was fine each time they raise thyroxine by 25 I feel better for a mth then get worse again have a test they raise it . I'm never told what results say just that I need an increase . I just feel so tired all the time having another test on Thursday so will let u know x

Veteran1000 Experience Points

i have just got my test from july before they increased me to 200mcg results were
    TSH 6.2 mIU/L
    FT4 17 pmo1?l
    i dont understand any of this and could this be the reason why im so tired still

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @vickie

If you check thyroid test ranges you'll notice that your TSH is quite high. I felt very down when I had TSH around that number.

Ideally your TSH should be less than 2.5 and some even feel better at lower range. FT4 seems to be okay but you have to get FT3 checked. There could be a chance that T4 is not coverting to T3 properly raising your TSH levels?

Or there could be a problem with parathyroid gland which instructs thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormones. Thyroid is continuously being asked to raise production and while production is being raised, the results are not being sent back to parathyroid gland hence a continuous cycle of fight.

Will try to dig out an article detailing how it works so you can read it later on. I say this due to your enlarged thyroid gland and high TSH.

3 months registeredTagger Second Class250 Experience Points

Country
    England
    Hi @vickie ,
    Sine February 2011, GSK has stopped making the drug in the world. GSK moved the production of the drug to another company. In that process changes were made to the inactive ingredients of the drug.
    It turns out that these changes cause some patients to serious medication side effects and imbalances of thyroid hormones.

Side effects include, among other things, hair loss, obesity, various pains, headache, sleep problems, nervous or irritable feeling, sweating, and more...

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense