User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonja is our latest member!

Cool Sonja is our latest member!

Hi Sonja, welcome to ThyroidHelp.org

Please feel free to share your experience or ask any questions you would like

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    England
    Hi to you too! I'm 9 months diagnosed hypothyroid but in that time I've gone from running half marathons in 2 hours to JUST ABOUT managing to WALK at "warm up" speed for 20 mins. This (& the fact that I apparently have a low cortisol level) has lead me to believe I have adrenal fatigue. GP is sympathetic but lacks knowledge. I've got an NHS appointment on 19th Sept with Consultant Bio Chemist & want to know what tests I should enquire about and how best to make the most of my appointment time with her. I know she is going to do a Short Synacthen Test but when I mentioned "adrenal fatigue" to her secretary, this was not a phrase that she had heard of! It is a phrase which appears to occur mostly within the American language articles on the net and I would be very, very interested in hearing from a UNITED KINGDOM sufferer who has experience of the NHS's opinion of adrenal fatigue.

Baby Moderator Achievements:

Country
    UK
    hello @Sonja , welcome to the forum, i found when i did the private test that you mentioned above- that my gp was very underknowledged and had never heard of such a test i was sent away, unanswered and disappointed.

Junior Member Achievements:

Country
    England
    Hi @Patchy Boy !
    How did your Short Synacthen test go? Mine has been recommended to be done by the NHS laboratory who discovered my blood cortisol level was low. However GP's are not authorised to conduct the test and mine kindly faxed the Consultant Bio Chemist he's referred me to and asked that she conduct it in time to discuss the results at my meeting with her next week.

Do you have low cortisol AND hypothyroidism? I know several friends who are hypothyroid but NONE of them are suffering in the way I am of losing all my energy and aching all over.

All Best,
    Sx

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @Sonja

Almost everyone here has adrenal fatigue lol.....unless you are hypo and doing well on thyroxine ... you are suffering from adrenal fatigue.

How come you have gone from running marathon to managing to walk for 20 minutes? It could be simple case of being hypothyroid....what makes you think it's adrenals? Short Synthetic Test is blood test where they take your blood sample, inject cortisol and take blood sample again after half an hour or so. I had mine done and came out as normal. Unfortunately that's the only test NHS would do in terms of low cortisol. To my knowledge it's not very reliable test as they say even seeing needle of the injection would raise your cortisol level for a very short period of time (MY NHS Endo actually agreed but said he couldnt do anything else) and tests would come out as normal.

If you havent had your thyroid hormones checked then that should be a the first starting point and rest comes after that.

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England
    Sonja

Please feel free to ask anything
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Baby Moderator Achievements:

Country
    UK
    hi sonja,
    think i may have confused you the test i had done was saliva- sorry.
    yes i am hypothyroid and have a level 2 of adrenal fatigue, sorry i couldnt help you more.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense