User Tag List

Thread: Manc1976 is our latest member!

Star Manc1976 is our latest member!

Manc1976, Glad you have joined!

You'll find answers to most of your questions in these forums but if you struggle to find something, please feel free to ask.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Hi to everyone on the forum

For about 4-6 weeks now my body has changed for the worse, and it was only a couple of weeks ago I went to the doctors with my concerns. I had blood tests last Tuesday and due to my conditions getting worse during the week, my doctor confirmed that I had Hypothyroidism and that he would start me on 50mcg of Levothyroxine daily straight away. I have been given no more details about this, except what my wife and I have read online, but I do have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday to go through everything I need/want to know and also the plan of action. He mentioned more blood tests and also an ultrasound.

I am currently finding that it doesnt take much for me to get very tired and also I get queasy if I eat too much.

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @Manc1976

Good to see that you want to be prepared and do your research before meeting doctor. It's the best thing to do as otherwise doctor tell you stuff which might be best for you but you can't say anything you wont know anything about it.

First of all you need understand your test results and what they mean. With thyroid, there has to be 3 hormone level that must be checked i.e. TSH, FT4 & FT3. Normally doctors will check TSH and will advise on that basis which doesnt reflect the actual condition of your body.

In a simple hypothyroid case, it might be the case and you'll do well on 50mcg. Always take a copy of all your test results with you for the record so you have something to compare with in the future. Do no...and I am saying again, do not rely on doctors to tell you if your tests are okay or not!!!

I am not sure about ultra sound....could be some nodule in your neck? and he wants to check it? Better to get 'em done and see what the results are.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions in mind as almost everyone here has a condition related to thyroid

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense