Hi! I'm Claire and it's become very clear this week that I belong here in this forum.

I've had a slight goiter all my life, it's a family thing - my mum and niece both have it and it's never been much of an issue. Well, except as a vain teenager when I begged doctors to remove it because it was ugly. Every few years a GP would spot it and send me for a blood test, which never showed anything wrong.

A few weeks ago another GP asked me to get a test and I didn't even bother. I've been feeling weird & grotty for ages but not enough that I'd actually think there was a problem - I thought maybe I'd been having too many late nights, too much wine, it was too hot, too stuffy in the office etc.
Last year I was having depression and all kinds of mental health problems, but I was in a very bad relationship with someone who was mentally ill. I moved out last december and a lot of that went away, but my concentration was still really poor, especially at work. I went on Weight Watchers and lost 25lbs. I sometimes still get really hyper and have racing thoughts/palpitations, and my sleep has been quite disturbed sometimes, but I put it down to my life completely changing (for the better!)
The palpitations & anxiety symptoms have been getting worse in the past couple of weeks, which is weird cos I'm NOT stressed, and my life is great! I put it down to the strong coffee I'm addicted to, and tried to cut down. A few nights ago I couldn't sleep because my heart and mind were racing, then my heart banged so hard that it felt like it was trying to get out.

In the past few days, I noticed that my throat was feeling tight and congested, like something was stuck in it. Also, I don't feel like I'm getting quite enough air, and have to remind myself to take deep breaths. Now I think about it, this has been a problem for a while. I love to sing, but never seem to be able to get enough breath. But now it's obvious. And I keep getting dizzy.
So, I went to the GP 3 days ago, and he looked concerned - I've had a blood test but it takes a week to come back, and I haven't been to work. The symptoms are so odd that sometimes I think I'm making too much of them, but then I feel really dodgy again.
And I'm STARVING!! I'm terrified I'll put all the weight back on again.
It's not fair. After a 10-year period of complete awfulness (my last relationship) I'm finally getting my life on track. I DO NOT need this!!!