User Tag List

Thread: Never ending battle

Never ending battle

Hi All,

I'm new here, been Hypothyroid for about 10 years. Just wondering if anyone ever feels like they can "win". My TSH in April was 28.5 after having a hyper stint where it was below 1.0 in March with CHF symptoms. I've been on Levoxyl for 3 years after previously being on Armour, now I'm back on Armour. Seems I can never win this battle. Either hypo or hyper, gain/lose, just a rotten roller coaster. I forgot how awful it can feel when you're really hypo, UGH. I'm such a slug.

How high is too high? I suppose this is only a moderately high TSH, but WOW, I'm a deadbeat.

Juls

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Never ending battle

Hi Juls....TSH of 28.5 is extremely high. You wouldnt feel like a normal person at this level. Did you get your other hormones checked or you just relying on TSH only? You have to have other tests done like FT4 and FT3.

I was hyper as well and then went hypo and it was an absolute disaster. I prefer being hyper like I used to be. Anyway....I have found out that roller coaster seems to be due to adrenal issue so you better get those checked too.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

I did, my Free T4 was .5 and my FT3 was 214.

I'm sure It's just going to take time. Just wish I could get off the eternal rollar coaster and be stable.

Anyone have success with any particular meds or is it always just a trial and error situation?

Juls

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

It's always trial and error to find your best possible dose. Doctors tend to say all good when numbers come within range but sometimes even within range, you dont feel right so minor adjustment is needed.

Where are you from as your numbers seems to be quite different. What are the units to those numbers?

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

I am in the NorthStar State, Minnesota in the US.

The Free T4 shows me at .5 w/ 0.8-1.8 ng/dL reference range
    The Free T3 shows me at 214 w/ 230-420 pg/dL reference range

I think I just wish someone had some tips to get through this, b/c all I feel like doing is

Juls

arshdeep10
    it was an absolute disaster. I prefer being hyper like I used to be yeast infection treatment

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense