User Tag List

Thread: Armour from Thailand

Armour from Thailand

Has anyone tried it? I got it out of desperation. I had my thyroid removed last November, due to large growths. Nodules, I think they're called! Anyway, to be honest, the op was a relief.I'd been ill a long time before diagnosis. I was put on levothyroxine. I fidled with it until I got it right. I felt fantastic. Month by month, I felt better and better. What a change from pre op. All was well for 5 months. Then I went out 'partying.' The hangover was like no other I'd ever had. It went on for a week. I concluded that alcohol somehow stops the medication. ( IS that right?) Basically, it's all gone down hill from there. My TSH has been tested, and hasn't changed. 0.03. A bit low, but I felt fine before.
    The Doc I go to hasn't got a clue. She just writes me off sick. I actually want to be well again!
    I read somewhere that some people can benefit from adding t3 to the mix. Hence my Thai meds. Does anyone know what 175mcg translates to? I might as well give it a go. I can't feel much worse.
    Any adice welcome.Angie

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: Armour from Thailand

Hi angie, I would start of slow take off 50mcg and add a 1/4 or 1/2 a gram to the mix and slowly change!!

I have no experience with meds from Thailand so cant comment, let us know how you get on wontcha thumbup

All the best

Ric
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hi @angiej55

This is how you convert T4 dosage to T3.

If your current dosage of T4 is 175mcg and want to convert to T4 and T3, that's what you do.

Divide 175mcg by 13
    175/13 = 13.5mcg (say 15mcg) <------ Your dosage of T3.

Now multiply this dosage of Te with 9 to get your T4. So it would be
    13.5 x 9 = 121mcg (Say 125mcg) <------ Your dosage of T4.

Bear in mind this is accurate conversation and you might need to tweak it slightly up and down to get the final dosage. On the other hand

1mcg of T3 = 4mcg of T4

Hope this help

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense