User Tag List

Thread: should i ?

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

should i ?

increase my thyroxine to 100mcg, im still so worn out and cold all the time. what can i expect to happen and how long would it take to get into my body ?

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: should i ?

Hi Leah, long time no speak, how you doing? Everything ok with you???

RE. Thyroxine.

In my experience, if I have felt rough on a current dose of Thyroxine, I have increased, and have always felt better, my Dr doesn't know I'm on 600mcg of Thyroxine, he thinkgs I'm 400 lol. And i feel well!!

Whats the worst that can happen, if you feel poorly after the increase, then reduce it.

Hope this helps thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Country
    UK

hi ric, great to hear from you- i hope you & yours are well, hows your nan now ?
    thats a lot of thyroxine to be taking i thought you had to be careful as it makes the heart work harder ? see im still learning how long will it take to see if there is an improvement and will i get any side effects i should be aware of ? i take my temp daily and i mostly only get to 35.3 c it did shoot up to 37.1 c when i had a dose of the flu this was stated in the book im reading by dr.peatfield, its a really informative book.
    also who does your adrenal and other checks, do you get it done at your surgery or have you had to pay privately ? sorry if im too nosy :d

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Leah, yeah my nan is up and about now, although acting strangely (maybe just her age lol) she is in some pain still which my mom is worried about,bnut she is seeing the consultant soon to discuss all of this.

It is alot of Thyroxine to be taking for some, my heartbeat at rest is 75 bpm, which is 'normal' Dr. Skinner knows I'm taking 600mcg also, he doesn't seem to concerned, as long as I feel well!!

I may see him again later this year, just for a yearly check up!!!!

I have given up on my Adrenals I dont medicate, and or check to see if they are working correctly, something is going right, due to me working more than full time now, going to the gym and being generally more active, so, fingers crossed for the future!!

Also, Thyroxine may or may not put pressure on the heart, but so does an underactive Thyroid! So the risks of heart problems later in life, may or may not be equal to whatever road you go down. To much or too little will do just as much damage possibly!

Other areas of my life have improved greatly (cough sex cough cough) lol!!!!

I say if more Thyroxine works for you today take it.....................you never know when today will be your last! No point living under medicated, if your unhappy and miserable! Only we have the power to make ourselves well!!

FYI, I have had a great Valentines night, (one of my few nights off work!!) and am slightly drunk lol!! Hense me being overly sentimental!!

Have a great weekend guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Country
    UK

hi ric, sorry to hear your nan is still in pain i hope they get her sorted asap- mine has been gone 4yrs this september and i still miss her
    im glad to hear that your doing so well, we need these updates on each other, also glad to hear that other areas of your life have improved dan will tell me to take a bucket load if it would help me that way ha ha !!
    im still feeling exhausted and want to sleep more lately, last night i was asleep before casualty finished i was then awake on /off through the nite, i got up at 8 and still feel awful so i think i will have a go on the 100mcg and see how i go.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense