User Tag List

Thread: basal barnes temperature test

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

basal barnes temperature test

hi everyone, hope someone can explain more to me about the above ? ive bought a digital thermometer to check my temperatures my normal readings are about 35.9 c so i was amazed sunday when it shot up to 37.1 c and i was displaying flu symptoms, so am i still undermedicated on 75mcg of levothyroxine ?

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: basal barnes temperature test

Hey Leah,

Thats quite low but then are women supposed to have low temperature? I think not...all of us are supposed to have equal so I would say yeah may be you are under medicated.

Mine are always 97.3 to 97.5 when I dont feel very well and then there is time when they are bang on at 98.4 to 98.8 and those days I sleep well and early morning temperatures are 97.7

Mind you, morning temperatures are supposed to be low almost half a degree. I met Dr. Peatfield last week again and had a good chat with him. He was quite keen on suggesting nature thyroid but I am sticking to thyroxine this year and quite hopeful about it.

How are you feeling otherwise anyway?

Country
    UK

hi mike,
    thanks for the reply- there is still so much i dont understand. the temperatures are supposed to be taken before you get out of bed that what i understand whilst its still at rest. normal range is supposed to be 36.2 c- 36.8 c if im correct, it then states if it falls below 36.2 c you should consult your gp why is this ?
    good to see you so hopeful- best way to start off a new year !!!! im pretty good otherwise just on the antibiotics now

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Normal temperature range quite varies as you know so it's up to 37 c which equals to almost 98.6F and you are absolutely right if the temperature falls a lot then consult your GP.

Temperatures are supposed to be checked out through out the day as well. If average temperature varies for more than half a degree then start worrying about your adrenals otherwise you are good and simple case of hypo if it's low.

Some people have naturally low temperature so they need to find their range.

I don't know....I go out in cold and my temperature goes all the way to 36C

Country
    UK

once again, thanks for the info im still learning, funny isnt it i never really worried about taking readings before but now i take it religiously every day- this evening it was back down to 35.6 c so ive gone back to the other end again, it explains why im the only one in work wearing a cardi whilst others are sweating !!

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

To be honest, my case is so much different now. You know when you take off shirt or feel colder, you feel some waves in your body and all goose bumps appear, well now I don't get any more goose bumps

I don't know what went wrong but I used to have them when I was not hypo but now things have changed. Perhaps it's thyroxine? Even temperatures are low and goosebumps are like a way of preventing heat escaping the body.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense