User Tag List

Thread: Is anyone taking just Cytomel (Liothyronine)?and my story

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Is anyone taking just Cytomel (Liothyronine)?and my story

Greetings:
    I've been hypo since age 22. Had a total thyroidectomy 2 years ago. Since then I haven't been able to get my thryoid to regulate. My old AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION docs ran this tests that tests and ran the typical TSH test and found everything to be normal. I asked them about checking my adrenals and they blew me off.....bottom line - they couldn't find anything and wanted to put me on anti-depressants! I FIRED THAT DOCTOR. My legs were constantly cramping, my joints were hurting terribly.

I stayed up all night literally and prayed and searched the internet. I stumbled on a site call Thyroid Top Docs and found my wonderful holistic doctor Dr. Varsha Rathod http://www.preventivemedicinestl.com/Ab ... Rathod.php
    She started out doing a biological terrain - using my saliva...With just that one test and following up with more 24 hr saliva tests and urine tests she found that my adrenals were extremely fatigued, that I had NO cortisol, and that even though my TSH was indeed normal, my T3 was off, and my female hormones estrogen and progesterone were nill, and my magnesium, potassium and seloniem levels were way off! None of the AMA doctors tested for ANY OF THIS, and she says they are all linked!!!

So she got me back on the road to recovery. I am now taking under her supervision, Adrenal for the adrenal fatigue, phosphatidylserine for the cortisol problem, then seleno-methionine, magnesium aspartate, iodoral (she also found my iodine levels were very low).

She then changed me from synthroid to armour (which was working well) then it was taken off the market. I Then we were doing a compounded form of armour but it wasn't working - she said it was either the ingredients or that my body was intracellular taking the T4 and converting it to T3 so we have now switched to pure T3 Cytomel (Liothyronine). At first I was taking too much and had insomnia and palpitations so we backed the dose down and I am now coming around. Just wanted to share that journey! Any input?

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Is anyone taking just Cytomel (Liothyronine)?and my story

Quite interesting. Oh well after 27 years of work, it seems that finally you have found a doctor who has got to the bottom of all problems.

What is phosphatidylserine? I've never heard of it and how it will help build your cortisol levels? My adrenals were severely exhausted as well but I took Cortef and some adrenal extracts. I'll be quite interested to know more about it in detail plus any feedback. Did you feel any better and any side affects?

I am still on thyroxine even I don't have any thyroid (Taken out completely as well) but my FT3 levels have been fine so didnt take any Armour at all. Insomnia and palpitations could be sign of unused thyroxine in the blood but of course that's T4 we talking and if you taking T3 directly then lowering the dose would help. I am not very keen on using T3 directly as in short term it helps a lot but in long term, it'll be difficult and it also have side affects on your heart.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Re: Is anyone taking just Cytomel (Liothyronine)?and my story

Greetings Mike
    Why do you say Cytomel is difficult long term and hard on the heart?

Do you have any sources showing that?

Regarding the adrenal/cortisol issue.....
    My husband and I are both having the same issue of adrenal fatigue and cortisol so low that mine was just aboveflat line and his was flatline, however, at night our cortisol rises and that is when it should be its lowest. Our doctor says some of that is from burning the candle at both ends, and some of it is staying awake from GERD issues arising out of IgG (Type 2) food allergies. I posted on that topic under the depression section because IgG can be a cause of depression.

Anyways we are both taking Adren-All by Ortho Molecular Products. It contains Vitamin A, C, E, Niacin, B6, B12, B5 (Pantothinic Acid) Bovine Adrenal Concentrate, Siberian Ginseng, Thodiola Rosea Root Exract, Schizandra Berry Extract, Licorice Root Extract. We take 2 capsules with breakfast and 2 capsules at lunch.

Then we are taking Phospatidylserine one hour before going to bed. We take this to actually supress the cortisol level at night to turn the cortisol cycle around. We try to always go to bed by 9pm (I'm cheating tonight). Our doc says it has something to do with getting three hours of sleep prior to midnight and I forget what the term was. We both take 200 mg. This product is also put out by Ortho Molecular Products.

I hope this info is of benefit to you and others. It has been a tremendous boon to us.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense