User Tag List

Thread: NEW HERE

NEW HERE

Hi everyone joined here cos I was diagnosed with low thyroid and low adrenals about 3 months ago by Dr P and have been on Nutri Adrenal x for 11 weeks and Nutri Thyroid for 9 weeks and it's good to talk, especially when your GP doesn't want to know, and he or she keeps wanting to give you anti depressants, last time I went it was beta blockers, which made me worse than ever, so decided to go with Dr P, not feeling too good at the minute very low, I thought that once I started the treatment I would fine in no time but that was just wishful thinking, can't get out have been agrophobic for 3 years probably due to the low Thyroid which I've more than likely had for several years, but not been picked up witht the useless NHS tests, anyone else on here that can't get out because of feeling too ill? warm wishes Carol

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: NEW HERE

Hi Carol, I too suffer with a form of agoraphobia, I panic that when I leave the house I will lose control of my bowels. My journeys out have to be controlled, like where I go, when I go.

I have been have CBT, and it has helped greatly. If you want to change and get out, phone up your doctor, and tell then your dilemma, ask to be referred to a therapist, ask maybe for a home appointment depending how bad your phobia is. Help is out there (no pun intended) you dont even need to leave your house. a book called 'feel the fear and do it anyway' it also very helpful, but like any self help book they are only any good if you practise them..

I hope your adrenals and Thyroid function improve soon.

Nice to hear from you, and please post away!!

Take care

Ric
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: NEW HERE

Hello Carol and welcome to the forum, though I am sorry to learn you have thyroid disease. You cant
    do better than to see Dr. P and be guided by him, but you have to realise it takes a long time to get any improvement with this disease, especially if you have adrenal complications. After all, it takes years of
    failing thyroid before you get a diagnosis, usually, and improvements will only come slowly too,

Once you get a diagnosis of depression from your GP it is hard to get them to consider any other
    medical problems, so dont let him talk you into taking AD's. Unless you feel they would help, and
    sometimes it does help to take them for a short tim, but its best to steer clear if you can.

The best thing you can do to help yourself is read as much as you possibly can about thyroid disease and follow Dr. P guidance. Be kind to yourself.

Ginny

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense