Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Weight Loss

Hello everyone!

I'm up early (5:27 AM) getting ready to go for a colonoscopy (yuck). So, I have some time to spare. I thought I'd let you know about what happened with me and weight loss since I started taking Levothyroxin.

I started Levothyroxin near the first of September. Since that time I have lost 12 pounds. I've lost 5 of those pounds while being on Weight Watchers, however the rest of it came off after starting Levothyroxin. My starting weight, on my doctor's scale, was 200; I am now at 188. I am a man with a height of 5'6", so I needed to lose weight. Of course, I'm very pleased with this result.

Now that I have just started taking twice the dosage I was before, I am curious if my body will react with added boost in weight loss. I monitor my weight, so I will let you know how it goes.

Another big surprise for me is that my total cholesterol went down from 174 to 128. I'm don't know how that is registered in Britian, but that is very low. I am on Lipitor, but even with that my cholesterol has never been anywhere near that low. So, as a side thought, I wonder if the improvement with my thyroid has effected my cholesterol some how.

Have a good Monday friends, wherever you are.

Wes

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: Weight Loss

Hi Wes, hope your procedure goes well today, I have had one and know there not pleasent but essential!

as for your weight loss, I'm pleased your weight it coming down, realistically when your on a good dose of Thyroxine, your weight should return to how it was before your Thyroid failed. It all depends. If your weight continues to go down and return to 'normal' then you know your onto a winner!!

Before I met a good Dr. my cholesterol was off the charts it was so high. Then after having a good dose of Thyroid meds in me, my Cholesterol reduced significantly, which can only be a good thing!! It will definetly improve your cholesterol and many other things in your body, just keep noting your symptoms being relieved!!

I'm really really pleased your symptoms are relieving its refreshing to hear!!!

Keep us posted, its great to hear from you and I too hope everyone including yourself has a great monday and start to the new week!!

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Member Achievements:

Country
    United States

Ric, thanks for the kind and encouraging reply. I am pleased with the improvements I've seen. I'm waiting for the tiredness and stamina to significantly improve. I believe that it will! for treating a member twice your age with respect and equality; that's refreshing.

By the way, my procedure went well and am home comfortably relaxing as per my discharge instructions.

Wes

Country
    England

Your more than welcome, I try and treat everyone the same :d

glad your procedure went well, keep an eye in the symptoms if your still suffering after 6 weeks your still not on an optimal dose!!

Glad your procedure went well
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Member Achievements:

Country
    United States

My dosage was just recently increased to 50 mcg., from 25 mcg., so I hoping to improve. I'm taking good advice I've received here and from the doctor, which is to give it some time. again.

Country
    England

Thats good, I'm glad you have a good doctor its half the battle..

Baby Moderator Achievements:

Country
    UK

hi wes, i want to say i started like you but i was on 50mcg of levothyroxine for 6mths and i couldnt shift the excess weight, feeling rather depressed i joined slimming world i went on to lose 1/2 a stone, im am now a target member i reached club 10 for losing 10% of body weight and then i got my stone award sticker.
    i was recently upped to 75mcg of levothyroxine and now my weight has gone back to normal, im so happy and more energetic so keep battling on- you can do it.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense