User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foggy Headedness

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Foggy Headedness

I started taking levothyroxin about 1 1/2 months ago. After a week, to my surprise, I could tell I felt some better. The biggest difference was that I felt more clear headed. In the last week, I have felt the return of the foggy headedness. I hoped that the clearer sharper thinking would last longer. I see my doctor again in November; I will tell him about this sequence of changes. Anyone else have a significant problem with this issue of foggy headedness (not sure how to put it.)

Wes

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: Foggy Headedness

"Brain fog "is the usual description for it and yes pretty well everyone gets it , I guess you felt better for a
    while with the surge of thyroxine that you so badly needed, but possibly by now your body has adapted to this new level and is ready for a bit more... Hopefully your doctor will be increasing your dose when you see him.

Brain fog is not particular to Hypothyroidism, it happens with a few other conditions too. I think they are
    mostly auto immune conditions, but as thats what I mostly read about I cant be sure. But anyway, once you are fully and optimally medicated the brain fog should disappear.

Ginny

Country
    UK

Perfectly answered. I still get bain fog at times if tired or stressed. I am meant to be 'balanced' Take care x

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

If you have Hashis like I have I don't think you ever get truly balanced because of the various splurts from the gland due to inflammation, also the way having so much inflammation in your body makes u feel like cak, but I suppose I enjoy those less foggy times which come and go lol.

Primary hypo that is non autoimmune seems to resolve better on meds. Early Hashis apparently can be treated for a while then resolve but that is according to Dr Langer and I have no idea who's reasearch he was basing that on.

Anyway a little more thyroxine might just crack it for you, keep raising every couple of months with the Drs direction and you might be a new woman, I hope so
    take care
    luv Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Thank you Ginny. Of course it is Brain Fog, but those words weren't coming to me when I posted this thread. Also Ginny, I understand what you're saying about brain fog and autoimmune conditions; from what I've read that makes sense. I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse many years ago; it is usually a benign condition, but is believed to be connected to an autoimmune condition aptly called Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome. Brain fog definitely has been an issue for me long before the diagnosis of Hypothyroidism. I was surprised to experience the slight and short-lived improvement that I did.

Dawn, LOL, I may feel like a new woman, that is, if I were a woman. LOL. I'm still a guy thankfully.

Wes

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

I'm still a guy thankfully.
    haha well don't drink the water then and you will be ok

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Country
    UK

haha I am a woman! Pleased to be so! I have Hash and am all over the place most of the time. I try to control my state of being and am dealing with things but life can be hard. Hope you get things balanced PLUS yo feel weel x

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense