User Tag List

Thread: diet/lpr/meds

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

diet/lpr/meds

Hello
    I have had to make dramatic changes to my diet over the last year since having Hash/being hypo. I have become lacto - and gluten intolerant big style since. I also seem intolerant to other things.
    Also affecting my diet is the fact that I have had a large colonic polyp removed that had borderline cancer (I have to go for 3 montly colonoscopies to enable monitoring). So I eat a lot of fruit. This does not help the next bit: I have been diagnosed with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux and been prescribed Lansoprazole. I can see some links myself, holistically, to all this, relating to metabolic rate etc. I wondered has anyone else had similar? And does anyone know any effects from the Lansoprazole medication, please? I have to take 2 x 30 mg tablets a day and am leaving taking them til well after taking my levothyrxine. I have read the general info on't interweb. Many than ks. Hope all are feeling well. anni

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: diet/lpr/meds

Can't help with any info on the lansoprazole, but will confirm that I have coeliac disease and lactose
    intolerance. as do many hypos, that or IBS which is probably undiagnosed coeliac. However, since I have
    been better on my thyroid dosage, I find I can tolerate the occasional small amount of cows milk products, perhaps a bit of cheese or the occasional piece of pavlova Of course the gluten intolerance will always
    be there but I feel so much better for not eating some of the rubbishy things I used to.

Now I eat organic if possible, plenty of meat, fish, vegetables and fruit, little bread,cakes and pastries.
    Have you looked at the Paeleo Diet? Supposed to be really good, but I cant quite go that far.

I also have a hiatus hernia, which should cause a lot of reflux, but because the Pernicious Anaemia means
    I am lacking in stomach acid, it does not cause me much trouble at all.

As low thyroid levels affect every cell in the body, I guess that just about anything can be attributed to TD.,
    but when optimally medicated these other problems shoiuld be mitigated if not cleared.

Hope you're having a better day

Ginny

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense