User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive news from a thyroid sufferer

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Positive news from a thyroid sufferer

Got my latest thyroid results earlier this week. i have been on levoT for 5 weeks and am doing really well on 150mgs.

my bloods look good, but i am worried they are too good. have i anything to be worried about? i do expect the endo will get me to reduce when i see him later this month.

tsh = 0.01 (0.4-4)

free t4 pmol/l = 24 (10-23)

free t3 pmol/l = 7.4 (3.5-6.5)

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Positive news from a thyroid sufferer

well if you are feeling good then they are good but like you said, Endo is more likely to reduce it. He/She will be right in a way as in long terms, you dont want your heart to work that heart to consume all that extra thyroxine when you could do with slightly less.

Country
    UK

mike, what do you mean by the heart working to consume the thyroxine ?

do you mean the heart will be beating faster?

if so, i still have a very low heart rate. at rest it is normally 48 Beats/min. This hasnt changed since i got optimised. my blood pressure has also come down.

i may be able to go down to 125mgs and will see how i do.

however, i did try the other day to reduce and see what would happen and so i took 100mgs on that day, with the next day planning on taking 150mgs (i only have 100's and 50's) etc. But by the end of that day i was experiencing a bit of tiredness and wind (a sign of hypoT for me).

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

No what I mean by extra thyroxine that most of it is converted to T3 which I understand is quite heavy for the heart....surely it has to be used otherwise when it's high, it'll bring the system down same as in hyper cases.

48/min is very low pulse rate...have you checked it at different times? Do you exercise a lot? Low BP is not good either unless it's naturally low. I dont know myself but my pulse is always high, 70 beats/min to 90/min is quite normal for me. Low BP is surely related to low adrenals unless it's naturally low. I dont think there would be so many of the people who has naturally low BP.

Mine was about 82/46 before I started to treat them and now it's back up to 125/76, I checked the other night.

Some people say thyroxine has 8 days of life so theoratically if you dont take anything for a week, your system will have enough to cope with the demand. Now it's theoratical, in my case I miss a few doses, I immediately feel something is different. Same thing is happening to you perhaps, changing the doses.

Don't do it. Just stick to one dose and keep it going for a few good weeks and then increase or decrease and then stick to it. Give your body sometime to adjust to the new situation and make the system work! Extra thyroxine increases internal body temperature as well which is crucial for all the glands to work as they wont properly under low temperatures.

Country
    UK

I check the hr rate sometimes and in the day doing normal stuff it does go up to 70 beats i am sure.

it is the resting HR which docs are interested in though. this indicates how the heart is working.

yes i do a lot of exercise and always have done. my HR has always been 48 beats laying in bed. sometimes it goes as low as 40 (the other week it was at 39 !!). Resting HR = when you wake up, so i reckon it will be even lower if i was bothered to take it when i do wake up.

my blood pressure on the other hand is very normal. before thyroxine it was always 130-140/70-80 at different times. now it has dropped because my body is getting the correct hormones. it is down to 120-130/60-70.

the lower figure has always been very low which is a good sign apparently. this is the pressure of the blood going back into the heart. the high pressure is the heart squeezing out the blood to the body. this can fluctuate much more with nerves etc.

i am thinking about asking to see dr skinner. has anyone been to see him and if so how much does it cost?

can i just call him and arrange an appointment?

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Hi Marsaday, I know you sent me this question VIA PM to me, which I never replied too, I'm very sorry, I didn't reply, I wasn't ignoring you!

But to be fair, asking on the forum, you will get a better response, and more people will have an idea with whats going on and how to help you the most!!

By telling your endo, that you feel the best you have in a very long time, may help him justify keeping you on your current dose! If he doesn't you can cross that bridge if you come to it!

Keep us posted!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Country
    UK

no probs.

yes i will update.

Feeling really good again as i had a slip up last sat. not sure why, but may be due to stopping adrenal dynamite. i was missing it out quite a lot as i was doing so well. now back to taking it twice a day.

One thing i have noticed in the last 2 days are possible hyper symptoms: slight twitching in my left pec area. not sure if it is the muscle or the heart. Felling very hot today and having a redder face than normal. i still feel good but i reckon it is best to go down to 125mcgs and see how i do.

does anyone know if you can get a dose between 125 and 150 on levoT. Can the 25's be split?

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense