User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: switched from armour to thyroxine

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

switched from armour to thyroxine

i have got the nhs to treat me and last sat i took my first dose of thyroxine.

i was on 2 grains of armour and the endo wanted me on 75mgs thyroxine, but i said 100mgs, so that is what i have been taking.

today i do not feel good (5 days later). i am feeling tired and heady and my breathing is not as good.

i have a blood test in 3 weeks i think, but would like it to be earlier because i can see myself being crap for a good while like this. when do you think i should get a blood test?

i must say i was not optimised on armour as i am messing about with hc and adrenal vitamins. my adrenals are not weak, but they are not great as well. i have been taking 7.5mg hc a day for the last 3 weeks. i have seen some improvement, but not got there yet with it.

i understand it is better to be on thyroxine if the adrenals arent doing as well as they should, but most people seem to think armour is miles better. i never got there with armour and have been on it up to 3 grains without any change. 2 and 3 grains seemed the same to me. hence i went back to 2.

anyone got any info/opinion on what level T4 i should go to. Should i increase myself now?

thanks

Senior Member Achievements:

Country
    UK

Re: switched from armour to thyroxine

Hi

On my little calculator it says 2 grn Dessicated thyroid is equal to l50 mcg T4 OR 76 mcg T4 and
    13.5 mcg T3, so whichever way you are losing out. I guess you are probably feeling the withdrawal
    of T3, if you dont have any T3 then you sould definitely try increasing your Levo.

When tou have your blood test, try to make sure they include the Free T3 test, not easy to get this
    I know but it tells a huge story.

Ginny

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Like Ginny said your probably on a withdrawal from T3

Have you thought about a combination of therapy armour or T3 and Thyroxine?

I felt rough on Thyroxine and armour on there own, Im better on a combi!

Hope you feel better soon, be sure to come back and let us know how you get on!

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

when issues with adrenals is involved, what works and what doesnt, usually depends on individuals. Everyone will have their own sort of symptoms. Switching from Armour to Thyroxine is quite a change and your body will have to work in a different way because of missing T3.

That was the reason I never started Armour plus my FT3 levels were always within good range. I always had a feeling that one day I'll run out of Armour or I wont find it anywhere so why not try simple thyroxine. Struggled but eventually I'll make it work!

One thing I would say is you have to see how your body is reacting to different sort of medicines and other things like weather, stress, exercise etc. I am a bit lucky on me own and not too many worries in life but I guess not everyone is in the same situation.

This time last year, every second week I had to take anitbiotics because I of sore throat or flu etc and I just couldnt understand what was wrong. It was simply immune system was compromised so had to fix it.....what I found was Vitamin C plus Vitamin E (natural with all Alpha and Delta) works best in combinations. They take their time to act (At least 2 months) but eventually it works. Now almost 7 months and I havent had any flu or throat issue!!!

Thyroxine or Armour is no good unless your adrenals are capable of pushing all that into your cells. Fix our adrenals or support them, you'll see improvements slowly and gradually.

I would say, go to H&B, bring big bottle of Vitamin C (1000mg) and take approximately 8g / day. 2g morning, afternoon and evening and then a time release 1g just before sleep. Buy Vitamin E from iherb 400IU and take it two times daily and the lasst thing...Vitamin B5 500mcg and take three times daily.

Vitamin C and B5 both are water soluble so taking huge quantities aint gonna cause any trouble to you. Check Vitamin E as it causes thinning of blood so make sure it wont harm you otherwise.

Cortef.....people now a days taking it like there is no tomorrow. I've been on it for six months and I am so glad that I stopped it even though my symptoms appeared again. From my experience, let's say your adrenals are totally burnt out, you take cortef 30mcg. Now everytime you reduce your dose, you'll feel exactly the same symptoms that sometimes tempts you to go back to your normal dose but don't. Experiemt and check your body's reaction and you'll be alright.

Last but not least, when Cortisol is down, it will take your DHEA down as well no matter what tests show. Buy NOW 7-KETO DHEA 100mg and take one in the morning and one in the evening. Follow the routine and you'll soon seen the improvements.

Also nothing will work if your diet is simple carbs and takeaways! Cook your meal, ditch sugar and caffeine and get oats, brown bread, vegetables, fish and chicken!

Country
    UK

thanks for info. i thought i am just low on T4 because 2 grains of armour is about 150mcg of levoT.

i am going to go up to 125mcgs today and try and stick with the levoT. i do have a few half grains of armour left, but i will resist taking them. i dont think i have a conversion problem and so i hope T4 meds is all i will need.

as to adrenals i do take adrenal dynamite and 2000g vit C a day. i also take 25mg dhea.

the Hc is just to see if it makes a difference as i wasnt getting fully better on armour. i had been up to 3 grains and i just didnt know if i need more armour or my adrenals need help - i still dont. i may quit the hc.

i had a geneva diagnostic slaiva test in june done and i wasnt on any adrenal support at the time. the day i did it i felt very ill.

8am 15.6 (12-22)
    noon 2.7 (5-9) LOW
    4pm 3.4 (3-7)
    night 0.9 (1-3)

am dhea 0.83
    pm dhea 0.84

they are not too bad, but could be better. i had the same test done last yr and it showed the same pattern, but with a high starting cortisol. basically my cortisol gets used in the morning very quick and crashed below range at lunch. it also showed dhea below range in the day. this was a different company and showed dhea on a graph as well.

physically symptoms at moment: brain fog, cold hands, achy, heart feels very tense in that area, tired.

i am pleased in a small way because it shows to me the armour meds were doing something.

Country
    UK

Felt great last week on 150mcgs. never been better in 16 yrs. Hc was stopped and so only taking vitc, b12 and adrenal dynamite powder.

i did a lot of exercise last week because i just had so much energy - love it when that happens.

tues - gym, not heavy but light weights (first time in a yr)
    wed - football 65mins
    tues - football 75 mins
    fri - cycle 11 miles on rd in 35 mins (going for it)
    sat - 16m mountain bike

sun - rest, but felt tired and weak in eve. this continued until monday as well.

feel beter now, but not quite as much energy as last week.

i wonder how does exercise affect T4 hormone. does it use it up quicker?

i know my adrenals may be stressed, but i am supporting them. if i had an adrenal problem i dounbt i could do as much exercise as i normally do and that is quite a lot (not as much as last week though).

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Thats excellent news!

Dont over do it though!

Keep on posting

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense