Thread: Reading my notes, much overmedication over years

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Reading my notes, much overmedication over years

I have been reading my medical notes looking at my bloods over the years and I have noticed much of the time I have spent feeling rotton and overmedicated This was before I got interested in the disease and how it was treated etc. There were all those years when I wasn't treated at all, then it seems I haven't been well controlled at all I think this may have made me into the state I am in now, lack of care, they just didn't seem to get it right, plus of course it was levo I was overmedicated on which has nothing in it for bones like NDTH has so wondering how my bones really are. I am in a lot of pain with my spine. Having Dexa scan for bone density next month.
    Not to mention cardiac stuff with unstable hypo/hyper all those years for goodness sakes. No wonder my poor mitral valve is sloppy and mobile poor thing, mild regurge bless it, it has done blooming well.

I have dropped my dose of Naturethroid as I now am sure I am overmedicated, and especially so since I went on Vitamin D3 in high doses to replenish my deficiency.

Just thought folks might like to have a look at their history, it is interesting.

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Reading my notes, much overmedication over years

Wow....how you feeling Dawn after dropping the dose? How much did you drop and how does nature thyroid compared to Armour Thyroid?

Hope it works out for ya though

Awards:

Country
    UK

Hiya
    Well not too good actually. I am really having a problem. I wasn't doing bad on 3 grains of NT but then I put it up with depression but now I find it could have been the D and calcium causing that. I am palping, getting chest pains and all sorts, not sure what is causing what at the moment. I dropped right down to 2.5 and will climb back up slowly 2.75 and maybe 3 but I am not sure how the other problems are impacting on my required thyroid dose and I will have to be on these for a while. To be honest it is all getting a bit of a mess. I know I am still coming down off it as my pulse pressure keeps going too wide but that could be hashis causing it, ie thyroidits causing release of excess TH from my own gland.

Anyway hon, I never got up to a dose of Armour that I could compare with NT so I cannot really say. I think there isn't a great deal of difference. MAYBE old armour was a smidgen better but hardly noticably from the doses I remember. Anyway, not now Forest Armour is a load of rubbish, the reformulation is leaving so many people who have been stable for years ill, not good. Go for a different brand hon, NT, WT, Thyroid S?

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

I know you have had a rough time dawn, and still are!! I truelly hope one day soon you will feel good and healthy!!

fingers crossed for us all aye!!

Your friend

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Awards:

Country
    UK

Yes Ric
    me too hon, I wish all the same. This life or afterwards, would dearly love to feel good in this one for a time, getting on a bit now tho, and doubt that it will happen.
    Well I often look forward to the Rapture and New Jerusalem
    Praying for u Ric and all who are sick.
    lotsa luv
    Dawnx

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Hope everyone feels ok soon. OK - how long is a piece of string but we can hope for better days x

Awards:

Country
    UK

from me to Anni and all xx

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense