User Tag List

Thread: Swine flu

Swine flu

Stupid question i'm sure - but if we suffer from hypothyroidism are we at extra risk if we catch Swine flu?

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: Swine flu

that was what i thought because i had the symptoms and suffer with hashimotos but im not sure !

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

As long as your fully medicated and feeling well, I see no reason to think we are at a higher risk!

I think 10 people have died from 'swine flu' out of 60 million people. odds are really poor *touchwood*

Breathing difficulties like severe asthma (brittle), COPD etc are at high risk and people with low immune systems. The risk is it turning into pneumonia, thats the worry..

Try not to worry (I know people on here are more anxious that the majority of the population, due to Thyroid conditions) we cant control the future, we just have to be positive and keep oursselves as healthy as possible thumbup

We will be hear in 12 months time to tell the rest of our story for sure!! thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

It has been suggested that high levels of vitamins A (5,000 iu), C (2,000mg)and D (2,500 iu)
    plus a small amount of zinc 25 mcg
    will help to boost the immune system and hopefully lessen the effects of flu, but there again,
    one shouldnt take high levels of these for more than three months, and I think this virus will
    be around a lot longer than that !

Perhaps it might be better to succumb now rather than later on, when the virus has had a
    chance to mutate and strengthen. but I for one cannot bring myself to hope I catch it.

Ginny

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense