User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have anxiety and depression

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

I have anxiety and depression

All my life I have had a form of anxiety. I also can get depressed. When I was little I was told I was very shy and did not like to be held by strangers. There were times I went into stores that resembled hospitals and my mother said I would freak out. It wasn't a tantrum. It was fear! When I was a toddler I was in the hospital-some sort of bacterial infection I think and even though I have no memory it seems to be something my subconscious cannot forget. To this day walking into a GP clinic my heart races, I sweat, heart skips, I get nausea. I've had to make some trips to the GP more and my mental health care provider. I cannot tolerate anti-depressants-I experimented with them for 14 years. So I take clonazepam (Klonopin) for anxiety. I used to take alprazolam (Xanax). I've done well on it and have not become addictive and not abused it. It has literally saved my life from the dark fears where I felt as if I was going to be put into a mental home. Even then it was not a cure. I'm hanging in there-having better days. Now maybe the thyroid pill will help the anxiety possibly.

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: I have anxiety and depression

I'm sorry you have anxiety, I have it and I know how awful it it. whilst beta blockers will reduce the physical symptoms of panic, they will wont help you long term. Have you had any kind of therapy? CBT? It might help you long term.

Hopefully now your on Thyroxine, the anxiety and Depression (which I don't know if you know this are symptoms of Thyroid disease) Will get easier

Be well

ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

I am seeing a therapist now. She gives me "homework" and stuff and I go back weekly. I tell her about my thoughts negative or irrational and she tells asks me what should I do and if I know I tell her. Sometimes she has to tell me what to do and why I have these thoughts.

Country
    England

Does she give she coping techniques? Or is mainly just talking about yourself? There are different types of therapy. Its whatever works for you.

I'm due to start CBT soon, there is a few month waiting list, hopefully, I will feel better soon

I hope you feel well soon, and remember if you have a good session let us know, any breakthru's, get right on 'ere, and tell us all about it..

Its good to share..lightens the burdens etc thumbup

Ric
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Really hope the talk therapy helps. Having the bad image from childhood of the hospital makes a big impression. Can shape a persons life.

Country
    England

Tell me about it Bubba, it so can!!

I hope it works for you too Have you been having therapy for Long??

I am very interested in this particular string. How have people had the depression manifest. There are different types.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense