User Tag List

Thread: IM thinking of eliminating foods to see if Im intolerant...

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

IM thinking of eliminating foods to see if Im intolerant...

But I dont where to start. I quite clearly have a problem with my bowels. Im thinking it could be a food intolerance. I have had an endoscopy. So no nasty illness has been discovered.

Where so I start, do I go to GP and ask for intolerance tests? not sure what they entail. (do not want a colonoscopy again!!) Or do I just go all the way and cut out certain foods??

Any help would be appreciated!!

I wont go into much detail, as what I wrote on Thyrod-disease's forum was said by me when I was very upset and depserate for help...if you want to see, have alook by searching for threads started in my name....anyways, basically I have problems with my bowels, and 'controlling' them. its called Toilet phobia....but Im thinking the urgency I suffer with could be maintained with a good diet...

THanks in advance

Ric
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: IM thinking of eliminating foods to see if Im intolerant...

Ric, the first thing to try eliminating is wheat, barley, rye, these grains contain lots of gluten. Many people
    who are not necessarily gluten intolerant cannot consume wheat so maybe you could start there. No
    bread,* that means, unless you have corn and its very difficult as they put wheat in almost everything
    soups, puddings (of course) gravies, cakes, cereals but it does leave lots to eat if you shop carefully and
    always read the ingredients list.
    * Except special Gluten free

Alternatively, it might be easier to start with Dairy products, milk .cheese, yogurts, ice cream etc. I cant
    have cows milk and products but sheep or goats milk is OK. so I still get my dairy. Calcium is a problem if
    you eliminate milk, but of course there are milk substitutes. Oatly is said to be good but I haven't tried it
    myself, but do be certain not to substitute with soya milk and products = no good for thyroidians. I did not
    like rice milk, but some people do.

That's enough to get you started, hope it works out for you, I think this could really help you. You can have
    private food intolerance tests, I've seen them somewhere, but its continual expense with these private tests
    they are so much cheaper in Europe - this Common Market thingy only seems to work one way. England:

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense