User Tag List

Thread: so my FT4 is over 40!!

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

so my FT4 is over 40!!

I feel fantastic since my Armour was cut in halve from 4 grains to 2. I feel I have twice as much energy and Im feeling good!

Im almost positive my GP is gonna insist on reducing my Thyroxine due to my very high T4.

The thing is I was so keen on getting my results, I took my Armour and Thyroxine on the same day as my blood test so thats gonna have an effect.

My LH and FSH are within range althoug my FSH is on the very low side. I dont think they will do anything to improve it. I dont know if there is anything I can do to improve it?!!!

My TSH is the same less than 0.02. My T3 as normal hasnt been tested for some strange reason!!

Hope your all well!!

Ric
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: so my FT4 is over 40!!

Dear God...that's a huge number for FT4. I am surprised you don't get hyper symtpoms like palpitations or shaking etc. But then again if you getting tired this could be related to high FT4.

Good move on reducing Armour. To be honest, I am not very much convinced that Armour alone is the solution to hypothyroidism. It could be for some patients who cannot convert T4 to T3 properly but rest of the gang, may need slight dose of Armour added to their thyroxine to make it work better....like you are doing.

The trouble is T4 to T3 ratio in Armour is 4:1 and in humans it's actually 14:1 so you can easily understand, a lot of T3 will be hard on your heart and make you tired easily.

In terms of LH and FSH, these are controlled by Pituitary gland so if you taking any steroids or glandular support, these suppress these numbers...making your balls become smaller as testicles drop production of testosterone (Not something guys really want )

I am seeing my Endo today so gonna ask him how to raise LH & FSH numbers but I've heard Tribulus herb is used to increase these hormones hence indirectly increasing your testosterone production, not sure how true is that. Keep one thing in mind, any product claiming to increase testosterone may increase your female sex hormones as well and make boobs appear.....wont mind that in a women would ya?

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

I have been reading Dr Lowes rebuttal to the the BTA guidelines of 2007, and it appears that when
    the comparison of T4 to T4/T3 therapy was carried out, the tests were done with two T4/T3 combinations,
    namely T4/T3 at 10:1 ratio and T4/T3 at 5:1 ratio (the latter being more like Armour)

Those from the 10:1 ratio stated they did not feel much benefit from the T3, whilst those on the 5:1
    ratio preferred the T4/T3 combination to T4 alone; the second group were ignored when publishing
    the results.

So it would seem from that our bodies do prefer to be treated at the Armour Ratio rather then our own
    bodies ratio; but again, a lot of people add T4 or T3 to their Armour to change the balance. Now I'm
    arguing with myself - I'll shut up.

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Had an appointment with my Endo yesterday (Will update my blog regarding it) but silly guy doesnt know how to fix LH & FSH and he says it's well within range.

Tells me to come off steroids if I want to fix all these hormones.

Not a happy bunny honestly

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

I don't understand the relevance of LH and FSH in men but WOW that FT4 is huge Ric.
    So glad you are feeling better though Ric hon, and that the treatment is working for you.
    Are you dropping down on the Levo till the Ft4 drops then?
    Also have you made a good note of when you feel your best and what you are on? You don't want to run into a period when you drop right down and not remember the doses where you felt best. Just a thought..take care
    Sid hope the cortef doesn't shrink things for you hon
    lotsa luv
    and God bless
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

If you took your meds before the blood test this would explain away the very high T4 results, as it peaks
    about two hours after, and you should ignore that skewed result. Explain to your doctor and ask if you
    can have a re-test. My labs will test T3 if the T4 and TSH are out of range so I am surprised they
    didn't do yours. Perhaps if you can get your doctor to do a retest and ask for T3 as well, and write
    "? hyper" on it, they may just do it this time.

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

So what does one think about Dr Teitlebaums theory that blood tests are useless when you are on thyroid hormone replacement therapy anyway? I have trouble getting my head around all this.
    lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense